Eric Furiosa

WEEKEND THREAD: No one went to the Danger Zone :( 145M JWD, 51.8M TGM, EEAAO reaches 61 DOM

23 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Comparing pre-verified scores is utterly useless. The behavior of RT verified score has been demonstrably very close to Cinemascore/PostTrak ever since verification was implemented, which was absolutely not the case before verification. 

But isn't the verified and all audience score don't run that far? 79% vs 74%. I remember FK was already at Rotten range for its audience score by this point of release. 

1 minute ago, Borobudur said:

But isn't the verified and all audience score don't run that far? 79% vs 74%. I remember FK was already at Rotten range for its audience score by this point of release. 

Now that verified score is the headline, pretty sure nobody bothers to review bomb the all audience scores for movies anymore (which used to be a huge problem). 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Tokugennumataka said:

TGM

Mon - 8M

Tue - 9M

Wed - 8M

Thu - 7.5M

Fri - 11.3M (+50%) 

Sat - 15.8M (+39%) 

Sun - 17.2M (+8%) 

44.3 (-13%). 2nd best 4th weekend of all time. 

Probably a bit too aggressive/hopeful here. Mon should be around $7.5 (-40% vs LW), dipping to $7M or even under by Thursday. Puts baseline at roughly -25% heading into weekend, with a FD bump but maybe some competition effect from LY, so -20% 

Also, in general we should be careful presuming a large/typical FD bump, as mostly traditional movie holidays post-pandemic have been fairly soft 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JustLurking said:

Problem isn't really 3D itself, it's how films use it. When Avatar showed how great 3D could be studios decided the best course of action was to ride that wave in the most lazy fashion possible and make it worthless junk that only serves to annoy you. Sadly if Avatar 2 manages to show it again, that's just going to be a repeat of what happens, lazy conversions for a few extra bucks.

In my opinion it’s still sucked. I will see avatar in 2d IMAX

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

I wonder if JWD and TGM are separated by less than $15M next weekend. Lightyear is taking over the PLFs and is also direct competition for family audiences that might otherwise opt for JWD. If the dinos fall short of estimates this weekend, I think there is a possibility it happens.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Eric the Last Dinosaur said:

Moderation

@Xavier I see you with the "lol strong black lesbians are dumb" schtick. That shit ain't cute.

Anybody else want to act like a fool right now? Because I'm ready for it.

WHAT now? I did in no way shape or form imply what you write and that is a reach. I just meant that between that character in JWD, the Valkyrie in Thor and (maybe kinda sorta) Okoye in BP (and I’m sure I’m forgetting a couple more), I see a pattern which does not do the representation fight any justice, because it feels like producers are trying too much.

Please remove the warning, I had no intention to mean it the way you interpreted it.

1 minute ago, JustLurking said:

I wouldn't be hugely surprised if thor misses but I would if BP2 does to be honest.

Yeah BP is hampered by overseas.

Liked $18m for TGM more than $17m but still great.

I think Thor will at least come close unless reception and wom is weak. It'll be over Dr. Strange domestically. If it can reach 450, it also probably matches Strange internationally (currently 530). 550 internationally + 450 dom.. tight squeeze but doable? Ragnarok did 538 international with 112 from China. So without China, this should still easily pop off 400 international

• Like 1