Eric Loves Rey

WEEKEND THREAD: No one went to the Danger Zone :( 145M JWD, 51.8M TGM, EEAAO reaches 61 DOM

11 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

The only thing that im wondering about is if there is an eventual limit concerning the amount of people that are willing to go see Top Gun in the first place. What i mean with that is that i could personally imagine that for many people, a movie about military planes doing cool stuff just isnt something theyre interested in, no matter how good it may be. Im not saying that this could be factor that could negatively affect its later legs, ive just been thinking about this recently.

For the record, i believe it will cross 600M eventually, but yeah, its just something i thought about.

Yeah. I think many have wondered this but it doesn't have to sell quite as many tickets as movies used to in order to break 600M DOM with inflation and the holds are incredible. Thinking the eventual limit is pretty high.

1 hour ago, EmpireCity said:

Nope isn't moving.  

Unfortunately it did move here in the UK. Delayed from July 22nd (which is now empty) until August 12th. 

I bet social media will be rife with spoilers. I’ll have to mute everything to do with it. 

17 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Unfortunately it did move here in the UK. Delayed from July 22nd (which is now empty) until August 12th. 

I bet social media will be rife with spoilers. I’ll have to mute everything to do with it. 

So annoying.  I’ll be doing the same. Muting everything. 
hopefully there’ll be an unlimited/unseen preview of it at one of the big two U.K. chain for us to see it before the end of July 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

21 days between releases. If this film opens to under $50m it’ll likely be on the web before it’s released in the U.K.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, AJG said:

21 days between releases. If this film opens to under $50m it’ll likely be on the web before it’s released in the U.K.

Well Universal kept Old off streaming for ages, I can’t see them dumping Nope. 

• Like 1

I have no idea why you guys think or some of you think Jurassic world is going to plummet next weekend. It's a family film and that'll play very strong on Father's day. And also didn't have a massive amount in previews. 18 million in previews is really good but it's not monstrous. So take that $18 million off of the 145 you got 127. Let's say it drops 50% from 127. that brings it down to around 63 million. I think that's where you'll see it land next weekend. I know two families that went to it, families of four and they all really enjoyed it. Word of mouth is not going to be nearly as bad on this as some of you guys are thinking it will be.

• Like 8

Just now, baumer said:

I have no idea why you guys think or some of you think Jurassic world is going to plummet next weekend. It's a family film and that'll play very strong on Father's day. And also didn't have a massive amount in previews. 18 million in previews is really good but it's not monstrous. So take that $18 million off of the 145 you got 127. Let's say it drops 50% from 127. that brings it down to around 63 million. I think that's where you'll see it land next weekend. I know two families that went to it, families of four and they all really enjoyed it. Word of mouth is not going to be nearly as bad on this as some of you guys are thinking it will be.

It’s because people online hate it and since this place is online it kind of creates this mirage that the GA hates it and WOM is toxic. Also there are people probably hoping it’s going to happen 

Remember when Charlie tweeted on how WOM is mixed to negative? Really jumped the gun on that one.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Baumer if i remember correctly you didnt like Fallen Kingdom. Do you plan to see Dominion?

And i agree with your points. I really hope that Dominion can make 60M+ next weekend.

• Like 1

To add on to the others posting anecdotes. My group of 9 all enjoyed it. We all thought it was super cheesy with a few groan moments but that just made us enjoy it even more. One of us had never seen a Jurassic movie before then and now she wants to watch them all.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bigscrubnus said:

It’s because people online hate it and since this place is online it kind of creates this mirage that the GA hates it and WOM is toxic. Also there are people probably hoping it’s going to happen 

Remember when Charlie tweeted on how WOM is mixed to negative? Really jumped the gun on that one.

I mean the person who started the 'sampling error' stuff on here has been vocal and overt about wanting Dominion to fail lol. That's not objectivity.

Just now, Bigscrubnus said:

To add on to the others posting anecdotes. My group of 9 all enjoyed it. We all thought it was super cheesy with a few groan moments but that just made us enjoy it even more. One of us had never seen a Jurassic movie before then and now she wants to watch them all.

This could be my fanboy heart speaking but i truly think Jurassic Park/World is one of the best franchises for just ... pure, fun enjoyment. Especially so ofc if one has a soft spot for dinosaurs in the first place. So i hope and think your friend will have a blast watching all the others!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

Back home from vacay, and seems I called the UNDER for $150M exactly right for the dinos a week ago...guess there's one movie to go that can even theoretically knock Maverick off the summer victor seat...

I hope you enjoyed your vacation. How's Lightyear trending in your theaters?

3 minutes ago, LegendaryBen said:

I hope you enjoyed your vacation. How's Lightyear trending in your theaters?

I haven't looked yet...just back from a 400+ mile drive an hour ago, and seeing all the news - movies was one of my 1st stops (was at a game convention in Ohio, so pretty much didn't look at the internet or news for almost a week:)!  

And vacation was great!

Edited by TwoMisfits

Anybody else starting to feel Jurassic will repeat at #1 against Lightyear? Considering Fallen Kingdom did -58% without a Father's Day bump-- and based on these initial holds it's not behaving any more or less frontloaded-- a -55% drop to 65m is pretty reasonable. 

Meanwhile I'm struggling to see Lightyear muster more than 5 mil from previews, which indicates a 60m opening weekend. Awareness is there, so walkups could be enormous I guess, but I have the feeling audiences are gonna be more than happy to check this one out later. No one has an emotional connection to the person Lightyear was based on... just the toy Tim Allen played...

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Gopher said:

Anybody else starting to feel Jurassic will repeat at #1 against Lightyear? Considering Fallen Kingdom did -58% without a Father's Day bump-- and based on these initial holds it's not behaving any more or less frontloaded-- a -55% drop to 65m is pretty reasonable. 

Meanwhile I'm struggling to see Lightyear muster more than 5 mil from previews, which indicates a 60m opening weekend. Awareness is there, so walkups could be enormous I guess, but I have the feeling audiences are gonna be more than happy to check this one out later. No one has an emotional connection to the person Lightyear was based on... just the toy Tim Allen played...

Not impossible for that to happen.

Oh yeah another thing. My local theatre is family owned by a family that’s passionate about movies. So they decorate the shit out of it at all times. They decorated the entire place in Jurassic themed props and decorations. @Brainbug the Dinosaurwould have been in heaven like I was lol. I would post pictures but that would be spam. I will say that they had a life size T. rex head inside the theatre itself.

They also had a Jurassic park trivia game before the trailers. Im so glad that’s the theatre closest to where I live.

Edited by Bigscrubnus
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1