Eric Loves Rey

WEEKEND THREAD: No one went to the Danger Zone :( 145M JWD, 51.8M TGM, EEAAO reaches 61 DOM

22 hours ago, Borobudur said:

I think IMAX will go for full 3D this round. They are this popular now because of Avatar 3D in 2009 anyway. 

nah many people hate dogshit imax 3d. Avatar 2 promised glasses free yet failed on it

On 6/11/2022 at 8:24 AM, John Marston said:

Not sure about these high predictions for Lightyear. Why should it open like a Toy Story film?

I'm also still having a hard time seeing this breakout to huge numbers like a TS film, but who knows. Maybe I'll be proven wrong.

32 minutes ago, Nero said:

Lightyear is banned there lol. 

Well there gotta be more than LGBT then. Indonesia and Malaysia banning didn't make sense as well. May be they were giving higher age certification and Disney prefered Western PR over that?

IDK Disney has been so DUMB lately. Getting DSitMoM not released in Middle East was stupid.

33 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Well there gotta be more than LGBT then. Indonesia and Malaysia banning didn't make sense as well. May be they were giving higher age certification and Disney prefered Western PR over that?

IDK Disney has been so DUMB lately. Getting DSitMoM not released in Middle East was stupid.

Probably, there hasn't been a film pulled from release since Beauty in the Beast here in Malaysia(released at the end). I reckon they probably either asked for a edited version or to increase age certification but Disney refused. It's definitely sudden though cause promotion/ads was already everywhere. It's probably age related as it seems to be animated films targeted at children that's usually controversial and banned. DSMoM and FB3 and other films post BATB 2017 didn't really face any issues.

Edited by Hilpkioy

3 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

Top Gun: Maverick getting back some IMAX screens in some Asian territorities including Malaysia and Singapore this weekend.

Not sure about North America and Europe?

Wait what where did you see this? Hoping to see it in IMAX the second time.

20 minutes ago, Hilpkioy said:

Wait what where did you see this? Hoping to see it in IMAX the second time.

TGV Facebook page :)

Singapore I got my contacts and spoken to people in the industry who said it will not just be SG and Msia, so thinking which other countries / regions as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TigerPaw said:

Singapore I got my contacts and spoken to people in the industry who said it will not just be SG and Msia, so thinking which other countries / regions as well.

Oh wow. Is this the first time they've done this type of thing here in SEA? I never thought an IMAX re-release is possible since the slate is always packed and films come and go so quickly.

2 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

Past few days people have been making noise at the comment section demanding cinema chain to add showtime for TGM, especially IMAX and 4D-X. So this is working now.

2 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

Apparently the same for HK. The movie is coming back to IMAX. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DTP said:

I actually think JWD opening just a hair under its predecessor, despite terrible reviews, is impressive.

Looking forward to seeing the Father's Day bumps next weekend.

It should've been more though, even with terrible reviews.

Opening under FK is actually more terrible than critical reviews.

6 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

It should've been more though, even with terrible reviews.

Opening under FK is actually more terrible than critical reviews.

Well, the second movie saw a significant OW drop from the first, so the same could have happened here.  This shows interest is still very healthy.  Now we'll see what kind of legs it has.