Eric S'ennui

4th of July Weekend | Tiktok propels Minions 2 to 108.5 3-Day OW | TGM 25.5, Elvis 19, JWD 15.6, Black Phone 12.3 | Independence Day Weekend Sale!

With anywhere from 115-120M OW, it’ll be Illumination’s biggest opener and out do Lightyear’s domestic total (hopefully The Bad Guys can get some fudge for 100M). Shit, honestly think Puss in Boots could outdo the first one domestically and worldwide and Mario being the first 100m+ video game opener if Comcast continues to market the shit out of their animations.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Just finished Stranger Things and that last episode is fantastic. 

This was the best season of the show for me. It has been the most cinematic, with some really impressive, memorable sequences (not only the 'Running Up That Hill' Dear Billy sequence, which has entered the cultural zeitgeist almost immediately, but also the clever portal entrances, compelling villain sequences/concepts, flashbacks to Eleven's backstory, etc).

It feels evident that the Duffer brothers have put real thought into the story and its trajectory. This season really delivered in terms of the scope and scale in a way that felt earned and rooted in both the characters and what came before.

Looking forward to Season 5.

Peace,

Mike

Edited by MikeQ
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Yes, $48.75m including previews.  

Minions could catch Lightyear in not 4 days, but just 3 (+Thursday)

Party Fun GIF by Solar Impulse

49 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Today isn't August 15.

44 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Beat me to the punch, but only because I would have had to Google the date. :ph34r:

12 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

That won't be until 15th August 👀

Y’all are about 50 years early 😛 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

The season is somehow incredibly rushed and incredibly bloated and slow at the same time. Also which storyline are you talking about? I have a feeling it's the one with Ryder.

Yes that storyline through 8 episodes barely moves each episode.

• Like 1