Eric S'ennui

4th of July Weekend | Tiktok propels Minions 2 to 108.5 3-Day OW | TGM 25.5, Elvis 19, JWD 15.6, Black Phone 12.3 | Independence Day Weekend Sale!

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Ohhh, are there any others? Any big ones for this year to come. Like really big... so big

Black Panther and Shazam! 2

Other than that, just a bunch of garbge in blue paint that nobody cares about!

• Haha 2

There are rumours for quite some time that Barbie script is spectacular (i wouldn't bet against it tbh, they're both gifted writers and they wrote it together). 

And honestly i think it is since they got an entire crew of Oscar darlings to make this happen. The last name just confirmed this week is Rodrigo Prieto as DP, i doubt the dude would come from Scorsese / Inarritu / Almodovar to this if it's just a basic movie.

Of course until it's done nothing is a sure thing, but it's being treated already during production as something special instead of just another cash-grab.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

There are rumours for quite some time that Barbie script is spectacular (i wouldn't bet against it tbh, they're both gifted writers and they wrote it together). 

And honestly i think it is since they got an entire crew of Oscar darlings to make this happen. The last name just confirmed this week is Rodrigo Prieto as DP, i doubt the dude would come from Scorsese / Inarritu / Almodovar to this if it's just a basic movie.

Of course until it's done nothing is a sure thing, but it's being treated already during production as something special instead of just another cash-grab.

well I like Lady Bird as much as anyone. Maybe Barbie will be a good movie. IDK. But $120 OW? I just don't see it.

7 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Black Panther and Shazam! 2

Other than that, just a bunch of garbge in blue paint that nobody cares about!

4 billies is coming lad, would be a shame if box office expert like yourself didn't see it coming.

• Thanks 1

I wouldn't bet against Barbie. Lesson learnt from TGM when so many people, including those highly skilled pundits got it terribly wrong.  When you have feel-good quality crowdpleaser + high level of awareness/curiosity, you will get a monster hit, a little bit like a Avatar in 2009. 

• Like 5

Barbie should do pop up clothing shops the week before opening, selling iconic outfits.

Hopefully the apparent message about beauty standards isn't too heavy handed. It wouldn't shock me if Hollywood types loved this script, but it turns out to completely miss the mark when you have the world's most beautiful people delivering it. Could quickly become like Kathy Lee making that autistic child cry, lol.

24 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

I wouldn't bet against Barbie. Lesson learnt from TGM when so many people, including those highly skilled pundits got it terribly wrong.  When you have feel-good quality crowdpleaser + high level of awareness/curiosity, you will get a monster hit, a little bit like a Avatar in 2009. 

i don't know how ANYONE would have doubted Maverick after the trailer was released , before it i was skeptical , the only issue was the multiple delays possibly killing hype

Edited by Ryan Reynolds
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

i don't know how ANYONE would have doubted Maverick after the trailer was released , before it i was skeptical , the only issue was the multiple delays possibly killing hype

I can’t say I foresee TGM to be a success of this scale but I never thought it would flop as long as the movie is decently received. TGM is the most right wing friendly movie that I have seen once the trailer drop. A crowd that was severely underserved by Hollywood for years, forgetting the fact that there are still freaking 46% of the people in this country vote for trump when he supposed to be the most hated president ever.   

50 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

4 billies is coming lad, would be a shame if box office expert like yourself didn't see it coming.

It’s baffling to me why would anyone question that Avatar 2 will rule. Everyone EVERYONE will see it, and this time it will also have a family angle in the story, because the protagonist is partnered with children in peril.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Xavier said:

It’s baffling to me why would anyone question that Avatar 2 will rule. Everyone EVERYONE will see it, and this time it will also have a family angle in the story, because the protagonist is partnered with children in peril.

Nostalgic factor is in play too. If people can got nostalgic for minion, I can totally see people got nostalgic for 3D.

10 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Man, I might not get to see Minions until next week at this rate. Need to get my suit dry cleaned……

pant suit wow GIF

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxwtMQWT1ouw5XgVbPqJ4

universal should use this image to promote suit up movement for minion 2. Completely kid-friendly. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flamengo81 said:

This feels just completely surreal wtf 😲
I am starting to think Minions 2 is going to get in the "zeitgeist" level, not even kidding I can see this exploding...

I’d say if there’s a trend that’s actually getting people to physically dress up and go out to the cinema: it’s already in the zeitgeist

2 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

As someone pointed out, the meme trend has already bled over to Barbie.  We might be sitting here next year looking at a $100m opening for a fucking Barbie movie.  I think Nolan and Universal might have to blink and move a week or work something out, because that movie is going to just blast off into space if the reviews are good.  

I’d also say Barbie is already in the Zeitgeist too. I can’t remember the last time I seen so many behind the scenes pictures being turned into articles by the non-film press and newspapers. 

WB just has to keep it up and kill with the trailer. It’s almost a shame it’s not opening sooner. Hopefully they can keep the momentum going for a full year: 

• Like 1