Issac Newton

Weekend - 07/29-07/31 | Super Pets 23M

The Super Pets opening is fine as long as legs are good, which they should be. I don't think it'll hit 100M with summer weekdays about to crater, but an 80-90M finish feels right.

Also a fine opening for Vengeance and higher than most other summer indies. Smaller releases not named EEAAO have been struggling this year.

3x isn't dead for Nope yet. 58% isn't a great drop but it should stabilize after next weekend when it loses IMAX.

• Like 1

Nice for Nope, should get to 125-135M 

My only worry is that the movie will be available on PVOD basically at the same time the international rollout will begin, and some countries will just download it instead of pay for a ticket. 

Universal was very stupid with this release strategy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Panda said:

The other thing to consider is who actually has peacock to know this stuff is streaming?

I think all Xfinity customers get it included with their package. At least I do and I have a very basic package mostly just for internet and some sports channels.

11 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Nice for Nope, should get to 125-135M 

My only worry is that the movie will be available on PVOD basically at the same time the international rollout will begin, and some countries will just download it instead of pay for a ticket. 

Universal was very stupid with this release strategy

For sure. However, it has a 31-day Theatrical Window according to DL from last weekend.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Also a fine opening for Vengeance and higher than most other summer indies. Smaller releases not named EEAAO have been struggling this year.

Feel like Mrs. Harris is doing quite well. It's going to at least match Hello My Name is Doris with how dead August is, which is quite good for a film reliant on the olds and with limited starpower. And I definitely get why, because it's absolutely lovely. I've been tempted to rewatch it in the theater in fact, which I never do.

• Like 2

TGM continues to do very well even though it's Saturday was softer than last week's increase. Still, the Canada holiday can make up for it and its actuals will be above the estimates. Plus, it's holiday tomorrow so don't be surprised with an inflated Monday. Still optimistic it can get to $700M DOM, but it's had a heck of a run no matter where it ends up at. Plus. it continues to have awesome holds internationally.

TBP may make it to $90m DOM and might even have a chance of beating Halloween Kills. Who would have predicted that 2 months ago?!

Elvis will not be on HBOMAX on August 8 because the HBO August Schedule does not include Elvis, so it will still have at least of August to hold very well. Plus, it's international grosses are having great late legs (only dropped sub-10% from last weekend with no new openings). $250M+ WW is locked.

Edited by LegendaryBen

Top 10 theaters in the nation for Super-Pets 

1. Harkins Estrella Falls Phoenix

2. AMC Burbank

3. Santikos

3. Casa Blanca San Antonio

4. Wellfleet Drive‐In (Cape Cod)

5. AMC Century City Los Angeles

6.AMC Disney Springs Orlando

7. Cinemark Tinseltown El Paso

8. AMC Porter Ranch (posh suburb 30 minutes north of LA)

9. AMC Thoroughbred Nashville

10. Cinemark 18 Houston

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

13m for Peacock, 40m for Paramount+

id be interested to know how many of those Paramount+ subs are the free trial period (offers range from 1 - 3 months). I had it during a free trial and then cancelled as it just wasn’t worth the extra money for me. Even Quibi had decent subs in the first few months thanks to the free trials, and we know what happened there. Not at all trying to say Paramount+ is the next Quibi, just saying those sub numbers can be skewed by free trials sometimes. 

And for Peacock, when less than 5% of the US population has your service, it’s definitely not going to make much of a difference!

Pretty great for a film that someone claimed earlier “no one internationally has gone to see”. Hmm. 

Jurassic World Dominion with a healthy $10.2m start in Japan, $50m is possible and it could therefore pass $1bn after all. We’ll see over the next few weeks if it can manage it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

id be interested to know how many of those Paramount+ subs are the free trial period (offers range from 1 - 3 months). I had it during a free trial and then cancelled as it just wasn’t worth the extra money for me. Even Quibi had decent subs in the first few months thanks to the free trials, and we know what happened there. Not at all trying to say Paramount+ is the next Quibi, just saying those sub numbers can be skewed by free trials sometimes. 

And for Peacock, when less than 5% of the US population has your service, it’s definitely not going to make much of a difference!

Sorry, I should’ve been clear: that 40m is US only, 62m worldwide. 

Yeh I’m not sure about paid subs Vs free trials, not sure they’d release that information. 

7 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

There's also the free T-Mobile subs. I have one of those. Every T-Mobile subscriber gets Paramount+ for free

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Sorry, I should’ve been clear: that 40m is US only, 62m worldwide. 

Yeh I’m not sure about paid subs Vs free trials, not sure they’d release that information. 

Ah, that’s a little more healthy considering the additional international numbers! Thankfully TGM is staying off Paramount+ for a while then, cause I feel that would definitely affect its holds. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

The Super Pets opening is fine as long as legs are good, which they should be. I don't think it'll hit 100M with summer weekdays about to crater, but an 80-90M finish feels right.

3x isn't dead for Nope yet. 58% isn't a great drop but it should stabilize after next weekend when it loses IMAX.

I think small indies/platforms have done ok or at least 2019 levels. Marcel will do like 5m which is mostly typical for a lower profile A24. Ms Harris is over 6.7m

• Like 1