Flopped

Weekend Thread | Estimates: Barbarian 10M, Brahmastra 4.4, Bullet Train 3.25, TGM 3.2, Pets 2.8

Barbarian may not quite reach double digits from there (esp if Wed shows are included)

The lowest grossing weekend post-pandemic (since Memorial Day 2021) was 1/28-30/21, with $30.8M T10 / $34.9M overall. The T10 low water mark may be in jeopardy this weekend, and in the worst case, maybe even the overall mark

13 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I can’t keep track of all the movies that have “early access screenings” these days. Should it just be assumed that every studio movie from now on will have them?

They're basically a new form of the sneak previews for certain movies that used to be held a week or two before they would open to build WOM back in the day and kind of withered away around the mid 2000s. Key difference here being that they're usually held a day or two before the movie opens. I know Don't Worry Darling is doing early IMAX shows but I see a lot of theaters are showing Smile on the 27th as well.

31 minutes ago, filmlover said:

They're basically a new form of the sneak previews for certain movies that used to be held a week or two before they would open to build WOM back in the day and kind of withered away around the mid 2000s. Key difference here being that they're usually held a day or two before the movie opens. I know Don't Worry Darling is doing early IMAX shows but I see a lot of theaters are showing Smile on the 27th as well.

Another difference is that in the old days, the grosses from the sneaks would be added to another of the studio's movie

I could see Barbarian having, slightly better legs than typical horror, if only because of the "wait, this is good??" reviews. The 79% audience score is also pretty decent.

It also fucking rules and y'all should see it. LET'S MAKE $10M HAPPEN DAMNIT

8 minutes ago, Ezen Baklattan said:

I could see Barbarian having, slightly better legs than typical horror, if only because of the "wait, this is good??" reviews. The 79% audience score is also pretty decent.

It also fucking rules and y'all should see it. LET'S MAKE $10M HAPPEN DAMNIT

Dying for a UK release date! 

I know nothing about it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Dying for a UK release date! 

I know nothing about it. 

Yep. Tossup I think. Trailer for Hatching, Smile and Prey for the Devil have been playing a lot the last few weeks but only seen trailer for this online.

Hopping I can't see Crimes of the Future this weekend. And yet Fall, 3000 Years of Longing and Bodies Bodies Bodies were shown everywhere no problem. UK cinemas can be weird beasts.

• Like 1

Yea, the same way Hereditary got a D+ cinemascore and then DIDN'T become a modern horror classic.

(no, really, not just the A24 buffs, but pretty much everyone I talk to who has seen Hereditary (and likes horror ofc) loves it)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Yea, the same way Hereditary got a D+ cinemascore and then DIDN'T become a modern horror classic.

(no, really, not just the A24 buffs, but pretty much everyone I talk to who has seen Hereditary (and likes horror ofc) loves it)

I liked Barbarian but it won't have the lingering effect of Hereditary.