Grebacio

Weekend Thread (9/22-24) | Weekend Estimates - DWD 19.35, Woman King 11, Avatar 10.5, Barbarian 4.8, See How They Run & Pearl 1.9

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I think that Sat jump is still underestimated factor cause people take Friday as be all. Hopefully Avatar stays above 10M with actuals. Disney should have given it more theaters, could have challenged DWD.

I am not sure why they only go for 1800 location. Does this mean only 1800 theaters are able to play 3D?  

Deadline Anthony is spinning shit today. Not losing his mind but still spinning

At the end of the day, Wilde made an arthouse film,

And finally after battling denial, anger, bargaining, and depression, Big Tony has finally reached the last pillar of grief: Acceptance

Also, let’s have the continued come-to-Jesus that the fall marketplace isn’t at its pre-pandemic prime, all pics coming in this weekend at an estimated $61.8M. This same weekend back in 2019 saw all titles grossing $123.4M 

200.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

If Avatar had gotten the expected rollout (4000 locations or so) would it have won the weekend?

probably, but it's better to make less but give out more quality viewings.

Having people going to a 2D showing on a 2k screen then going "Huh I don't get it, how is this so popular" is not what you want

7 minutes ago, AJG said:

Deadline Anthony is spinning shit today. Not losing his mind but still spinning

And finally after battling denial, anger, bargaining, and depression, Big Tony has finally reached the last pillar of grief: Acceptance

200.gif

Hard spin all over Film Twitter from the "pundits" right now.