Eric Prime

THE OFFICIAL BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER WEEKEND THREAD | 181M OW

23 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Nah . I'm saying I don't see WF opening below 180m.

My personal prediction is 190-195m.(30-31m previews).

I see. I probably replied to the wrong person. I think I meant to respond to @BadOlCatSylvester saying it will be under $180.

@MattWnot to nitpick, but your numbers are lower than DSMOM

Personally, I say between $180-$190m.

28 minutes ago, Legion By Night said:

Well that’s the opposite of an eday correction 😆  

Final kick just doesn’t seem to be there. I think it will need some luck/good walkups to clear 170.

There has to be a bit of Sins of the Father in there, right?

Regardless, Phase 5 has its work cut out for it. If it's also divisive, then that spells trouble for Kang Dynasty and Secret Wars.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

There has to be a bit of Sins of the Father in there, right?

Regardless, Phase 5 has its work cut out for it. If it's also divisive, then that spells trouble for Kang Dynasty and Secret Wars.

More like apathy I suppose. We'll see how things pan out. If it is in the $170 million range, then apathy and MCU exhaustion may be the issue. Spiderman will always be big because he's top 3 in superhero popularity. But this one ha the marketing and had the trailer/teaser excitement and social media buzz.

But let's not count the dead chickens before they die.

But Kang Dynasty doesn't really have a ton of build up. Last episode of Loki and then one other movie. This is unlike the constant Thanos brooding in several movies.

Edited by jedijake

Just putting down some markers/setting expectations:

Thursday = ~$28M (at or slightly below Thor)

OW = $180 - $190M (right around Strange MoM, but won't be shocked if it goes higher)

DOM = $440 - $480M (mid 2s multipler from OW)

And fwiw, I personally wouldn't view that DOM total as "disappointing", from the perspective of how much it drops off from the first, but rather a regression from lightning in a bottle to a baseline, with additional post-COVID, absent titular star, dampening effects

I wrote about MCU Tiers in the (now on life support) BPWF Under $400M Club

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, jedijake said:

But Kang Dynasty doesn't really have a ton of build up. Last episode of Loki and then one other movie. This is unlike the constant Thanos brooding in several movies.

There will be another Loki show next year and rumour going around that one big Loki character will appear in one big movie of 2024.

2 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

idk he does post very reasonable flop bar. 

That's nice. I find those flop bar posts annoying and they're an impetus for annoying meltdowns that this forum doesn't need. I don't like them, but I guess I can't stop them from happening or being posted here. Oh well.

• Like 1

Maybe sales aren’t really kicking into gear because the last two MCU (Multiverse of Madness and Thor 4) were a bit underwhelming. Audiences are more cautious.

Maybe it’s MCU fatigue or sometimes sequels just drop. The 1st one was such a cultural phenomenon you can’t really recreate that.

• Like 2