Eric the Ape

A Very Queer Thanksgiving Weekend Thread | We Here. We Queer. Move On. | 3-Day/5-Day: Black Panther 45.9/64, Strange World 11.9/18.6, Glass Onion 9.2/13.3, Devotion 6/9, The Menu 5.2/7.3 | Daddy Cameron, please save us!

3 hours ago, fmpro said:

These numbers are depressing

Stay in and watch GOTG xmas special. Seriously. Best Marvel since Endgame for me. So crazy,hartfull and funny that i laughed and cried for 45 min. I never do that.

Fantastic music also. Really. 

10/10 for me

Damn, between this and Andor I guess I'm going to have to re-start my subscription to D+. 💸

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Verrows said:

Yeah I'm watching the holiday special later this evening! It looks fun and just what the doctor ordered for anyone who needs a pick me up.

And regarding the numbers, yeah, depressing is the word. Black Panther is eh. Not doing badly but also not doing anything remotely impressive, considering both its strong reception and the absolute dearth of competition or other product, period. Some people don't like to hear it but the MCU is definitely losing some of the GA, given the GA is what props the legs up for these movies.

And the rest of the box office? Not even worth commenting on. Pretty disastrous. I've felt kind of tuned out this week as a result.

And remember, WF is overindexed among black people and some other because of cultural reasons; without that, its box office sits at 450M (-30%) = 320M. not a good sign for Ant-Man 3. Ant-Man 3 will need similar hype and interest as WF in other demographics to reach 320 million, which I guess won't be easy.

54 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Similar goal for The Marvels. Especially since the lead up to it was Ms Marvel which I think has the worst ratings of all MCU Disney+ shows.

Because people have no taste!!!! Kamala and Carol and Monica are The Best!!!! I love my girls!!!!!

2 hours ago, ringedmortality said:

Similar goal for The Marvels. Especially since the lead up to it was Ms Marvel which I think has the worst ratings of all MCU Disney+ shows.

If that's your baseline (250M Domestic), shouldn't you be telling Fiege to run around like Beaker with his hair on fire?  Non Marvel post pandemic sequels aren't dropping that much even if we're trying to modestly adjust out some sort of "immediately before endgame" bump for CM. Even cutting 50M from Domestic total and adding a Fast 9 drop only gets you to >275M with 

It's unfortunate for the film that the show didn't attract an audience but since it's not an immediate lead-in, Disney's marketing team has had a long time to retool their marketing strategy to not rely on the character. It's just the lack of an extra pull for the film not an attack on core reason people are interested in the film (Larson's character).

15 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Fablemans doesn’t look to be doing that well. Likely to flop with a 40m budget 

I watched it and while it's solid, Spielberg is better off making movies about aliens and dinosaurs. A movie like this needs a European filmmaker's subtlety and touch. 

• ...wtf 3