Eric Quinn

A2 WEEKEND THREAD | 134.1M DOM OW | Thurs 17m / Fri 36m / Sat 45m / Sun 36m

How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?

Wakanda Forever underperformed because it's likely very few people went to see it more than once, as a rather emotionally heavy and long film. I actually had to pay to see it twice in IMAX w/ Regal Unlimited because I fell asleep an hour into it the first time. Let's see if Avatar 2 succeeds or fails in conjuring up repeat business/strong legs.

Edited by Dragoncaine

12 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Yes, probably A cinemascore. 

WF reception was very good, is hard understanding why it's performance was underwhelming.

I think just expectations from predecessor and also a longer, less energizing/heavier film. Which...from what I've heard also describes WoW, and that's why I've been cautious about the reception.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Alligator Zatt said:

Thanos Legion was a regular here before you were here, Junior. It’s the biggest film franchise in planet Earth and rightfully so. Good luck keeping movie theaters lights on without them.

It's funny that I was recently looking for my original Avatar prediction and I knew I mentioned Rogue One, so imagine my surprise when I found a post of mine quoting you talking about AM&TW making like $500m lol.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Sadly it is time to admit the Deadline early numbers have been mostly accurate or even too optimistic for several months now. So when they come in with a 25 million true Friday number today, believe it.

Deadline early numbers are accurate when they match tracking thread and inaccurate when they don't. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, shachi86 said:

Didn't it say $59m after 2 days earlier? Are we already $9m down from early estimates?

I think it's because the earlier number included numbers from China previews and maybe some other territories' previews as well.

It's now 73.9 M including China and 90.9 M globally inlcuding that 17 M preview number.

2 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

It's funny that I was recently looking for my original Avatar prediction and I knew I mentioned Rogue One, so imagine my surprise when I found a post of mine quoting you talking about AM&TW making like $500m lol.

Ant-Man is my least favorite MCU franchise. I thought that the Infinity War / Endgame effect would spread over to that series, but I do expect the next one to make around Ragnarok / Multiverse of Madness numbers. If Quantumania gets China, maybe more.

Territories

GBO

Korea

$5.9M

France

$5.7M

Germany

$4.6M

Mexico

$3.7M

Australia

$3.2M

Italy

$2.8M

Brazil

$2.4M

Indonesia

$1.5M

Thailand

$1.1M

Taiwan

$1.1M

Sweden

$1.0M

Hong Kong

$1.0M

Other

$16.4M

Total

$50.4M

IMAX specifically has earned $9.2 million globally through Thursday, including $2.63 million from North America.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Alligator Zatt said:

Thanos Legion was a regular here before you were here, Junior. It’s the biggest film franchise in planet Earth and rightfully so. Good luck keeping movie theaters lights on without them.

I have no issue with people overtly stanning for a movie or franchise but maybe check the dates genius before you so overconfidently condescend.

• Like 2