Eric S'ennui

A2 WEEKEND THREAD | 134.1M DOM OW | Thurs 17m / Fri 36m / Sat 45m / Sun 36m

How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Are we melting down over Marvel instead of Avatar 2?  Was that on the bingo card?

Because people start realising now, as disappoint as A2 at the moment, it is still likely grossing more money than every Marvel phase 4 movie except NWH.  

2 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Nah, it is the social stigma that have little tolerant to slowness or taking time. I saw people  complaining BPWF was boring and I was so clueless although I acknowledge there are parts in the movie were going slow. We are in the generation where patience is phasing out from society.

This is why drama never made big BO anymore in theater, everyone wants everything to be on high speed.     

New tiktok generation doesn't have enough patience to watch 20 min episode without fast forwarding it lol. I have few friends who were asking why directors make movie more than 2 hrs. And I enjoy the big movies the bigger runtime it is. Partly because I'm already accustomed to it and if runtime is less like 2hrs or less then it doesn't even feel like I watched the movie 😅

• Like 2

Just now, Nero said:

New tiktok generation doesn't have enough patience to watch 20 min episode without fast forwarding it lol. I have few friends who were asking why directors make movie more than 2 hrs. And I enjoy the big movies the bigger runtime it is. Partly because I'm already accustomed to it and if runtime is less like 2hrs or less then it doesn't even feel like I watched the movie 😅

New Girl Schmidt GIF

• Like 1

1 minute ago, titanic2187 said:

Because people start realising now, as disappoint as A2 at the moment, it is still likely grossing more money than every Marvel phase 4 movie except NWH.  

I mean that was never in doubt? If it didn't that would be a truly epic flop for the ages. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Try being a constant active member before you try pulling rank on a mod

Well I was then a pandemic and life happened. And no, seniority doesn’t matter. Respect does. I didn’t attack anyone, and from what I remember of this board gratuitous attacks weren’t allowed back then. In fact, moderation got pretty great in the last years, I don’t know what is happening with the other person and what kind of day they are having, but being in the receiving end of gratuitous attacks isn’t cool. I just reacted accordingly.

2 minutes ago, Alligator Zatt said:

Well I was then a pandemic and life happened. And no, seniority doesn’t matter. Respect does. I didn’t attack anyone, and from what I remember of this board gratuitous attacks weren’t allowed back then. In fact, moderation got pretty great in the last years, I don’t know what is happening with the other person and what kind of day they are having, but being in the receiving end of gratuitous attacks isn’t cool. I just reacted accordingly.

Then why did you first pull the seniority card? If respect matters to you, you wouldn't have condescendingly responded to someone, "Thanos Legion was a regular here before you were here, Junior."

We all slip up sometimes - no shame in apologizing and moving on.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 6