Eric Prime

A2 WEEKEND THREAD | 134.1M DOM OW | Thurs 17m / Fri 36m / Sat 45m / Sun 36m

How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?

21 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

How many of the people that prefer the prequels over the orig trilogy are over 40yo?.

Just wondering.

I never watched OT when I was a child, and only watched it after TPM came out and I was about 20, IMO they're pretty similar in terms of overall quality, OT barely edging out due to RotJ. ST much worse overall. I think if you watch SW as an adult without nostalgia it doesn't hold up at all outside of technical aspects. 

• Like 1

We did it, everyone! We have officially run through our greatest hits, and blown past 150 pages. It’s almost like we’re in the nostalgia phase of BOT. What a great weekend and great weekend thread.

Spoiler

Next weekend’s gonna be even more amazing when it drops like 65%

Spoiler

By the way, this is not a real prediction, it’s a joke. It’s a total joke.

Spoiler

Or IS IT?! 

Spoiler

No, it is. That said, if it does happen to have a really severe drop, I reserve the right to say that I was right. I’d like to have my cake and eat it too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

51 minutes ago, Korra Legion said:

More juice for Avatar 2: schools start Christmas breaks on Monday per Comscore, with 41% K-12 off and 77% colleges. That jumps to 82% K-12 and 94% colleges off by Friday.

The colleges might be juice, but will K-12 matter?  Are kids actually going to Avatar?  6% on opening night might have just been the kids parents were too cheap to have babysat at the overall box office that represents...I mean, Deadline never said this percent went up over the weekend...

42 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

PT tactically good, strategically great

OT tactically great, strategically good

I think only one show would be very strong both tactically and strategically, other good SW shows are generally tactically good/great and strategically eh/ok. 

If Jar Jar had truly been a Sith Master and that was revealed in Star Wars 3, the prequels would have gone up a whole letter grade for me...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Sequel Trilogy has two best star wars movies and 1 worst star wars movies.

It’s like poetry, it rhymes. Same was said for the OT for more than a decade before the PT. TRoS is fine. RotJ is also fine. Nothing is worse than Attack of the Clones, except the Holiday Special. But we don’t talk about that Holiday Special. 

5 minutes ago, Cap said:

We did it, everyone! We have officially run through our greatest hits, and blown past 150 pages. It’s almost like we’re in the nostalgia phase of BOT. What a great weekend and great weekend thread.

Reveal hidden contents

guardians-of-the-galaxy-chris-pratt.gif

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

If Jar Jar had truly been a Sith Master and that was revealed in Star Wars 3, the prequels would have gone up a whole letter grade for me...

That would have...done the opposite for me. Maybe even more than a letter grade down

1 minute ago, ZattMurdock said:

It’s like poetry, it rhymes. Same was said for the OT for more than a decade before the PT. TRoS is fine. RotJ is also fine. Nothing is worse than Attack of the Clones, except the Holiday Special. But we don’t talk about that Holiday Special. 

. AOTC is my 3rd favorite SW film. 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

5 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

That would have...done the opposite for me. Maybe even more than a letter grade down

No, b/c he was SO annoying and yet so unhelpful.  It would have been the perfect reveal, especially if they showed all those moments of his planning the pain, while he then lost the HORRIFIC accent.  

It's how you redeem the unredeemable character - you show that he was always unredeemable.

I'm not sure where you go from there - but b/c I hated #3 anyway, it could have only helped.  Maybe Anakin could have gotten to smite him, too.  That would have actually been satisfying.

Edited by TwoMisfits

1 minute ago, Menor Reborn said:

And that’s totally fine. I fully expect people to say that The Rise of Skywalker is their favorite Star Wars film 20 years from now. Hell growing up, Return of the Jedi was hands down my favorite Star Wars because it came at the right time for me, and I used to hate The Empire Strikes Back lol. Today TESB is hands down my favorite, with TLJ following.

And I'm gonna keep going with Jar Jar - it would have been an audience flip on Yoda, who everyone saw come out as a bumbling, stumbling dummy when Luke 1st met him b/c he wanted to be underestimated.  And yet, he was 100% amazing...and good.  

Jar Jar - the reverse, which could have also been where Yoda learns the technique of being underestimated.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

No, b/c he was SO annoying and yet so unhelpful.  It would have been the perfect reveal, especially if they showed all those moments of his planning the pain, while he then lost the HORRIFIC accent.  

It's how you redeem the unredeemable character - you show that he was always unredeemable.

I'm not sure where you go from there - but b/c I hated #3 anyway, it could have only helped.  Maybe Anakin could have gotten to smite him, too.  That would have actually been satisfying.

And yet still not as irredeemable as Anakin the toddler butcher.  You can blow up a planet with billions on it but slaughtering little kids one on one is just a really bad look.   Makes it too hard to think of Darth Vader as cool ever again - that and the terrible acting.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

The colleges might be juice, but will K-12 matter?  Are kids actually going to Avatar?  6% on opening night might have just been the kids parents were too cheap to have babysat at the overall box office that represents...I mean, Deadline never said this percent went up over the weekend...

There were a lot of families at my show on Saturday evening. Anecdotal but still.