Eric Loves Rey

A2 WEEKEND THREAD | 134.1M DOM OW | Thurs 17m / Fri 36m / Sat 45m / Sun 36m

How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How old were you when Avatar (2009) first came out?

1 minute ago, Flopped said:

So excited for this (I mean it genuinely) 

dances-with-wolves-kevin-costner.gif

Saw this for the first time (and a bunch of the other movies Avatar ripped off) a few days ago. Do...do people still think this is actually good? Because I thought this wasn't it. Kevin Costner narrating like he's an eighth grader reading a boring book in English class was insufferable.

• Like 1

The BOP article if anyone is interested: 

https://www.boxofficepro.com/weekend-box-office-forecast-avatar-the-way-of-water/

Very good read with great data and analysis not only for this weekend but the weeks ahead as well. 

For those who didn't want to read It, they're projected OW is 145-179M and they prediction is 161M.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Eric The Last Airbender said:

Saw this for the first time (and a bunch of the other movies Avatar ripped off) a few days ago. Do...do people still think this is actually good? Because I thought this wasn't it. Kevin Costner narrating like he's an eighth grader reading a boring book in English class was insufferable.

I found Pocahontas also extremelly dull and probably the worst 90's Disney animation by far. 

Yes, Avatar ripped many movies, but i would argue it did better tho.

6 minutes ago, Eric The Last Airbender said:

Place your bets, party people.

Avatar 2 Weekend Thread Bingo Card.jpg

I politely suggested that you take out weirdo, and put in Fandom, because we’re not about to kink shame people here 😘

You wanna fuck that blue person? More power to you. I applaud that. Just make sure it’s safe, saying, and consensual!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Eric The Last Airbender said:

You know what? Screw it, I'm starting one of the random rankings (or is it random? I dunno)

1. Princess Mononoke

2. Atlantis: The Lost Empire

3. Dances with Wolves

4. Ferngully: The Last Rainforest

5. Pocahontas

And for the record, I only thought...two of these were good lol. And honestly, Atlantis was basically borderline because that film is only saved by the pretty animation and the characters. That film's plot is MESSY

2 minutes ago, Cap said:

I politely suggested that you take out weirdo, and put in Fandom, because we’re not about to kink shame people here 😘

You wanna fuck that blue person? More power to you. I applaud that. Just make sure it’s safe, saying, and consensual!

Honey, I'm a furry. I don't kinkshame. I embrace being a weirdo. Just didn't feel like changing the title lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Eric The Last Airbender said:

You know what? Screw it, I'm starting one of the random rankings (or is it random? I dunno)

1. Princess Mononoke

3. Dances with Wolves

5. Pocahontas

And for the record, I only thought...two of these were good lol. And honestly, Atlantis was basically borderline because that film is only saved by the pretty animation and the characters. That film's plot is MESSY

I saw Atlantis for the first time last week and i swear i though the 3rd act was about to start when the movie simply go to it's epilogue.

Still find it charming tho.

3 minutes ago, Eric The Last Airbender said:

1. Princess Mononoke

3. Dances with Wolves

5. Pocahontas

Yeah. Atlantis is kind of rough for me. I like the characters and animation but yeah the plot would work better with a longer runtime and it really takes me out of the movie. Treasure Planet was the superior Disney animation action of the 2000s.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eric The Last Airbender said:

1. Princess Mononoke

3. Dances with Wolves

5. Pocahontas

Eric, this isnt fair. Comparing Princess Mononoke to all the other movies on this list is like comparing Mount Everest to a sad group of pebble stones (except Atlantis, thats like a solid, good little rock). 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Eric The Last Airbender said:

Princess Mononoke

Great movie tbh... don't have any developed opinions on the other ones but I did see Atlantis in theaters when I was like 7.

Haven't seen Dances with Wolves at all really.

Edited by cannastop

5 minutes ago, Eric The Last Airbender said:

That’s because Kevin Costner has the charisma of oatmeal paste!!! How anyone found him desirable is WILD to me. 

Btw, this is the headline of one of many bad german Avatar 2 reviews:

Avatar 2“ im Kino : Schlumpf über Bord!

Translation: Avatar 2 in theaters: Smurf overboard!

Do i have to say anything more? The absolute state of some german movie reviews, its not even not funny, it has transcended cringe.