Issac Newton

Christmas Weekend Thread | Avatar 95.6m, PiB 20.05m, Babylon 4.85m 4 days

1 minute ago, DC Rich said:

It is currently USD. However, I believe that those numbers can be switched to another currency that can then be exchanged to USD in order to correctly predict the Tuesday and weekend numbers.  

With the variance in numbers I initially thought it was bitcoin. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Meanwhile...Poor Babylon gets a quick death.

Ouch

🦝😱

Heated conversations on social media today about whether Babylon's flopping "should" be celebrated given its an instance of Hollywood having a good old swing at an original property for a big name 'auteur' director.

Versus the infuriating tendency of Hollywood massively disproportionately having a swing at original properties and giving the nods to productions about Hollywood.

Surely Fablemans, Empire and Babylon is going to end that trend this year. But is it going to be at the cost of Hollywood studios having a swing on anything, or are they going to have the self reflection to realise that it's specifically naval gazing looking back Hollywood films about films and filmmaking and filmmakers and reflecting on filmmakers and films and filmmaking and nostalgia and heartbreak-feels-good-in-a-place-like-this that the general audience is sick to the back teeth of?

Edited by Ipickthiswhiterose
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

Heated conversations on social media today about whether Babylon's flopping "should" be celebrated given its an instance of Hollywood having a good old swing at an original property for a big name 'auteur' director.

Versus the infuriating tendency of Hollywood massively disproportionately having a swing at original properties and giving the nods to productions about Hollywood.

Surely Fablemans, Empire and Babylon is going to end that trend this year. But is it going to be at the cost of Hollywood studios having a swing on anything, or are they going to have the self reflection to realise that it's specifically naval gazing looking back Hollywood films about films and filmmaking and filmmakers and reflecting on filmmakers and films and filmmaking and nostalgia and heartbreak-feels-good-in-a-place-like-this that the general audience is sick to the back teeth of?

Bad films should always been celebrated when they flop. Empire of Light and Babylon deserved to flop.

• Like 1

These directors and twitter can cry about movies flopping but let´s be honest how was Babylon not flopping? 3-hours, Rated R, horrible reviews and horrible CS score suggesting WOM isn´t that all. It got every ingredient to flop. Everything Everywhere got to 100M from what 25M budget? Dune (I consider it as a orginal film tho it´s prob not really) got to 400M. Original films can succeed, not maybe on the level of a MCU movie, or Avatar but there is room for it. The budget on this was way 2 high. Did he really need 80M to make this movie?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alex SciChannel said:
Dec 23, 2022 1 $19,289,141 +32% -64% 4,202 $4,590   $216,970,827 8
Dec 24, 2022 1 $14,869,288 -23% -66% 4,202 $3,539   $231,840,115 9
Dec 25, 2022 1 $29,179,791 +96% -20% 4,202 $6,944   $261,019,906 10
Dec 26, 2022 1 $32,270,430 +11% +99% 4,202 $7,680   $293,290,336 11

I think Disney shaved some off from Sunday and added it to Monday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DC Rich said:

Not sure but he's got Tuesday covered from 22 to 31m and next weekend from 55-75m so far.  More updates are coming. 

I am the one known as the true  Kal.

😂 

Tuesday 22-24.

Weekend 3..73-76

😉🦝

2 hours ago, redfirebird2008 said:

He ain’t trolling. He told me earlier today it was grossing about 50% lower than Monday, which would be $16M. If it can land around $19-20M, that would be a pretty good result. 

Being up from a 50% drop doesn't make it good. $19M would not be good. It would suggest that Christmas and Boxing Day contained a short-lived surge, due mostly to the storm I guess, and were not indicative of its run going forward.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

LET’S GO :ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod:

I’M CREATING THE ON THE LOT THREAD AND CHANNELING NEO (AND BKB ON THIS POST)

This seems like a bad idea...but what do I know.

I thought the original movie was a bad idea at the concept stage with so many characters...oh wait, it was.  Well, at least for the sequel, they've already killed off a bunch (unfortunately, that included the one I liked the most) and set aside just a few to use if they want to go the space route, so I guess there can be more possibilities to make a better movie...

• Sad 1