Eric is Anxious

THE SUPER MARIO BROS MOVIE WEEKEND THREAD

4 minutes ago, DisposedData said:

If it does 200m then 600m is on the table. It may not be likely but 550m would be far from the best case.

yeah, you're probably right about the terminology, but it would be very surprising

here's an idea for a club, if Mario opens to over 190 million, id join an under-2.5 multiplier (from the 5-day) club

• Disbelief 2

22 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

3.5 multi coming off a 5-day with no summer weekdays or christmas holidays would be insane. So perhaps chill just a little.

An animated movie potentially breaking 200 for a 5 day opening is insane. And it’s not even a sequel or superhero movie or remake. More insane. This reminds me of Shrek 2 back in the day where it’s literally going to target everyone (except maybe boomers I guess)

Edited by MovieMan89

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

An animated movie potentially breaking 200 for a 5 day opening is insane. This reminds me of Shrek 2 back in the day where it’s literally going to target everyone (except maybe boomers I guess)

shrek 2 is a masterpiece though, in this case, we have a movie that might have limited appeal to non-fans 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

An animated movie potentially breaking 200 for a 5 day opening is insane. And it’s not even a sequel or superhero movie or remake. More insane. This reminds me of Shrek 2 back in the day where it’s literally going to target everyone (except maybe boomers I guess)

I know I'm getting a bit annoying, but here's a final comment before I bugger off for the night (ill be back tomorrow holding the line against uninspired video game adaptations)

you're getting your 200 million ow or something close to it, I thought this was opening to Sonic 2 numbers, you've won, you've won but yet you're trying really hard to make sure you'll end up disappointed at the end of it all

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Knock It Off 1

14 minutes ago, Shawn said:

I may be way off base, but, I think Strange World can still pull this out in the battle against the mushroom kingdom.

That take is so off base, it's Lightyearsaway.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Eric is Gay for Bowser said:

Let him tweet. It makes it easier for the staff to find his alts

What’s the psycho analysis of someone who continually bashes something but will do anything and everything to try and be apart of that thing? 

1 hour ago, Flip said:

80m would be a nice gross, not going to make money but still would be very good legs

Air was made for 40 mil. Amazon bid 140-160 for it before a theatrical release was ever on the table, just to nab it away from potential competitors. This was for them an advertisement for the release on Prime Video as opposed to a 'this has to make x back in theaters' play. 

1 hour ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

shrek 2 is a masterpiece though, in this case, we have a movie that might have limited appeal to non-fans 

You have to leave your personal opinion on how good the movie is aside. This thing has a 96% RT and A CS which was the same CS Shrek 2 had. The audience don't care if it is a "masterpiece" or not, if they really like it and has rewatch factor then it's all that matters at the box office.

1 hour ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

I know I'm getting a bit annoying, but here's a final comment before I bugger off for the night (ill be back tomorrow holding the line against uninspired video game adaptations)

you're getting your 200 million ow or something close to it, I thought this was opening to Sonic 2 numbers, you've won, you've won but yet you're trying really hard to make sure you'll end up disappointed at the end of it all

Dude you're being super obnoxious. You've had a hate-on for this movie since before it came out and now it's just getting kind of pathetic and sad to see you ignoring all evidence that it'll do well and succeed. I get that you're young but my man just step away from the computer for a bit.

• Like 4