Eric Prime

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

I'm curious what The Flash would've done if it wasn't hyped to be "one of the greatest superhero movies ever made" and without the Cinemacon premiere and early screenings. It probably would've done even worse.

Edited by Skim Beeble
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

Wait a minute, the PostTrak exits are so bad

Early audience PostTrak exits from Comscore/Screen Engine for The Flash shows 4 stars for general audiences and a 60% recommend and 3 1/2 for kids under 12 and 57% recommend. Remember Thursday night due to fans always has better, skewed exits.

Possible B CS incoming?!

jfc

10 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

Early audience PostTrak exits from Comscore/Screen Engine for The Flash shows 4 stars for general audiences and a 60% recommend and 3 1/2 for kids under 12 and 57% recommend. Remember Thursday night due to fans always has better, skewed exits.

Possible B CS incoming?!

So they didn't make a crowd pleaser.

JUNE sucks ,what a disapointing month. Let's wait for Indy but who the fucking hell authorized  that 300m budget.

Disney has been throwing way too much money at projects and lately most of it has been subpar .

DCEU continues it's string of bad flops.

And to think one of the exciting weekends I was looking but it's gonna be a boring weekend .

Hope July performs otherwise this summer is gonna suck. After a pretty good Jan - April this is just so dissapointing so far.

Happy for ATSV and transformers looks ok for now.

The only thing I'm majorly excited for sept-dec window is dune .

11 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I think  Muschietti will be leaving Brave and the Bold due to “creative differences” soon

Good. Whole damn movie was about to look like Pre-Vis

ycJ8XEI.gif

If Flash and Elemental underperform this could be the last weekend with 30M+ grosser since mid February.

With this weekend, we will have 18 consecutive weekends with a 30M+ grosser. A tie with the longest streak until now, that happened in 2016.

If next weekend either The Flash, Elemental or No Hard Feelings gross more than 30M, we will have a record!

TF7

Audience exits from PostTrak are at 83% positive and a 68% recommend — not bad. Kids under 12 are more excited about the sequel at 90%

Eternal

Already, Eternals in last night's PostTrak earned a low 75% positive and 3 1/2 stars from general audiences, and a 57% recommend

18 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

Possible B CS incoming?!

Oh shit, that's bad. I honestly didn't expect polling that bad.

6 minutes ago, XXRkham Asylum said:

So not only does Flash not have great WOM, it’s actually quite poor based on those PostTrak numbers. 

It’s interesting that China appears to be loving it so far. I wonder if that’s related to character detachment, or something else ?

That could be because only hardcore fans of The Flash or DC in China might be watching it, which inflated the rating.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, YM! said:

Like Dune has its own IMAX page and trailer, The Marvels doesn’t. I don’t think it’s getting IMAX, PLFs sure but not IMAX.

AMC has The Marvels listed an IMAX release, probably just hasn't been officially announced by the studio yet. Also confirms that Wish will be getting an IMAX release on Thanksgiving weekend as well (at least during the day, one has to imagine).

New Movies, Theaters Near You, Movie Tickets, Showtimes, Movie Trailers, Movies in Theaters (amctheatres.com)

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, M37 said:

My Flash preview target is - and frankly has been for a few days - around $9.7M (including those few paid fan shows).

The Joker GIF

• Like 5
  • Astonished 4

42 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

honestly blue beetle is my latest trailer enemy it's one i keep seeing and i'm sick of it. i know i'm gonna keep seeing it for all the big movies the next two months. even if i see asteroid city next week they'll probably put it in front of that too.

The “Batman’s a fascist” joke at the end is so weird to me. Like I don’t understand what the punchline or the context

• Like 3