Eric Prime

Father’s Day/Juneteenth Weekend Thread | Flash implodes with 55M, Elemental bombs with 29M, holdovers hold atrociously | Theaters are dead, streaming is dead. Everything is dead really.

1 minute ago, XXRkham Asylum said:

The machines are self aware! 

I wonder if Disney will accept this excuse (even if it’s true) when Pete justify the OW for Elemental 

At least if he’s lucky, Elemental can still ended up with the biggest OW for an original animation post pandemic, so he can argue it’s bad for everyone.

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I wonder if Disney will accept this excuse (even if it’s true) when Pete justify the OW for Elemental 

At least if he’s lucky, Elemental can still ended up with the biggest OW for an original animation post pandemic, so he can argue it’s bad for everyone.

I think Pete Docter only has one chance left, with Elio. After that, he's toast.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John Marston said:

Immediately following the screening, an executive from a competing studio gave The Flash backhanded compliments as a corrective to the commercial underperformance of the DCEU’s most recent entries: October’s Black Adam and the franchise-killing Shazam! Fury of the Gods. “Audiences want nostalgia, and they want feel-good. Execution is less important,” this exec said. “The Flash is like Spider-Man: No Way Home in that it has the right amount of nostalgia, which the fans love, and the right amount of feel-good. This is DC righting the ship.”

Kevin Feige tricked WB execs into thinking they got an all timer DC Movie which pushed them to market it as such only to backfired later and create mayhem in WB office.

Proud Of You Yes GIF

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 21C said:

I think the gaming aspect could work fine as long as it's not anything that's too crucial for the interconnected universe as a whole. 

Yes, hopefully an online game event won't cover something really crucial as the return of a dead character and the only way the movies address that is by saying that they returned somehow.

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I think Pete Docter only has one chance left, with Elio. After that, he's toast.

I think his ultimate test will be the sequels, if Inside Out 2 fail than yeah 

I hope Elio turns out great tho, it looks genuinely great and fun

10 minutes ago, XXRkham Asylum said:

The machines are self aware! 

Man wants to continue paying everyone with their $200m mega-budgets and will blame whatever he can.

15 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Amen x 100!  

Gunn is one major nerd that still reads comics for fun, not just work. He gotta know that the best ongoing comic book run of the century is Tom Taylor’s and Bruno Redondo’s current Nightwing run. With them skipping Dick as Robin, I’m confident that our time is finally coming. No idea who should play him, but Daredevil and Nightwing have both stole the post of best vigilante from Batman like three decades ago and never looked back. I know that Gunn knows because during the Rosenbaum’s interview he name dropped Bludhaven. It’s my most anticipated not announced DCU project, never mind Justice League and all the rest.

Edited by ZattMurdock
  • Like 1

Just now, babz06 said:

He’s not carrying them, the IP is. He’s just WB golden boy at the moment. 

Just remember that it was Ezra before him. I remember when they were the top choice to be Wonka that movie's been in development so long.

4 minutes ago, AJG said:

Man wants to continue paying everyone with their $200m mega-budgets and will blame whatever he can.

cutting the budgets won't help when the movies make what they do now.

Edited by cannastop

50 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

This is the worst weekend for the Box Office ever. Two 200m+ budgeted movies doing bombing hard on the same weekend. It doesn't get much worse than this.

It makes it entertaining...and both bombs were seen from a mile away (okay, they might tick out of bomb to flop - that's still TBD on legs)...

Just now, AJG said:

But it can make them profitable.

Not if it means they're under investing in the right type of quality. 

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Just remember that it was Ezra before him. I remember when they were the top choice to be Wonka that movie's been in development so long.

I don’t like Timothée. Knowing fully well how hard he tried for the Spider-Man role only for him to disdain superhero projects like it was beneath him rubbed me the wrong way. He has kind of a good look for Nightwing but nah, let him be the next Josh Hartnett.

• Haha 1