kayumanggi

Weekend Actuals (Jun 23 - 25) | 19.00M ATSV | 18.44M ELEMENTAL | 15.14M THE FLASH | 15.00M NO HARD FEELINGS

A solid weekend overall. Glad to see No Hard Feelings do decently and that’s a career record with Asteroid City. Nice drops for holdovers too.

GOGT3 passing $350m. There was a lot of hyperbole and nonsense just before this film opened lol. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

Is that WW range accurate? What's the ceiling overseas? Lightyear did $106m and Encanto did $160m. Soul did $121m.

Might end at the higher part of his range. Still has some markets to open. This is from IMDB. I am not sure if they're accurate.

JULY

06 Hong Kong

07 Finland

12 Netherlands

14 Spain, Poland

AUGUST

04 Japan

So it really depends on the holds in the coming weeks and these last markets, especially Japan.

Maybe 180M overseas and 120M domestic for a 300M worldwide total.

Just now, kayumanggi said:

Might end at the higher part of his range. Still has some markets to open. This is from IMDB. I am not sure if they're accurate.

JULY

06 Hong Kong

07 Finland

12 Netherlands

14 Spain, Poland

AUGUST

04 Japan

So it really depends on the holds in the coming weeks and these last markets, especially Japan.

Maybe 180M overseas and 120M domestic for a 300M worldwide total.

Wait, the UK also July 7th. I think crossing 300M worldwide is really possible now.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DAR said:

Guardians has had some really nice holds this summer.

It seems to be the only film that’s really playing well outside of metros/to more casual GA, but suspect the 1-2 punch of Indy and MI7 will put an end to that

I don't even know if I'm going to see The Flash at this point. Life's too short to commit a 3 and a half hour trip to the theater for cape shit.

Now, No Hard Feelings with its nice 1:43 runtime? That's a Sunday afternoon :Gaga: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

Is that WW range accurate? What's the ceiling overseas? Lightyear did $106m and Encanto did $160m. Soul did $121m.

4 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Wait, the UK also July 7th. I think crossing 300M worldwide is really possible now.

I like to compare Elemental with the good dinosaur, so far it has opened quite close to it in most markets. Because of Wom it should have better legs, so even opening a little below it should match or exeed it in the end. Obvisously there will be markets that it won't match TGD but in quite a few it might do better as well. TGD made $208m OS no china (I think) so if Elemental 'just' matches it that would mean (208m + 15m (china) $223m OS and $120m DOM => $343m WW.

This said I think it might do a bit better than just go like to like with TGD so yeah

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, DAR said:

Guardians has had some really nice holds this summer.

Finishing about as expected after the OW… which is to say I agree, since expected it to have some really nice holds. Having the deflated OW helped some but it also continues to hold on well in late legs, simply a crowdpleaser final entry in a consistently crowd pleasing and well legged trilogy. Gunn’s track record for pg-13 CBMs is impeccable so far and hope to see that continue.

Edited by LegionGPT
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

I feel like it's a lowball tbh, seems to be performing pretty respectably in a lot of markets at the start, think $400m ww isn't out of the question yet

19 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

It's accurate...it opened in very few markets in opening weekend (just 15M in OW). Opened in some more markets this weekend and still has some important markets to open in July. I feel like it can cross Encanto internationally. It has had very good holds in markets where it opened last weekend