baumer

Weekday numbers July 10-13

Just now, John Marston said:

GOTG 3 had one of the most favorable release dates of the summer what the hell are people talking about lol

Zatt thinks it somehow would have performed better in the Mario slot (because that had "less competition") and that Mario would have automatically moved despite the massive hype/presales. I've been trying to point out to him this is a bad idea in the hope the actual MCU schedulers aren't on here lurking and don't try anything stupid.

27 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

I don't think he was saying pit it against Mario literally, just that he thinks it would have done better in that window.

That’s what I meant, yes. Mighty Dragon has an weird habit of antagonizing me for no reason and has claimed to know me before this board. I have no clue, but it’s the internet, so… yeah.

Just now, ZattMurdock said:

That’s what I meant, yes. Mighty Dragon has an weird habit of antagonizing me for no reason and has claimed to know me before this board. I have no clue, but it’s the internet, so… yeah.

I never knew you before this board. The only things I know are your hilarious rants on here like the "AntMan is more relevant than Avatar" one because I lurked here for a while.

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

Discount tuesday effect was even greater and it did over index at MTC1. I am seeing 80-85m till Sunday.

Dial of Destiny numbers. I was not far off when i said MI7<DOD domestic is a major possibility with the Barbenheimer coming in next week

2 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Discount tuesday effect was even greater and it did over index at MTC1. I am seeing 80-85m till Sunday.

Do you have any numbers you can share with us? Sound of freedom, indiana?

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

fwiw, that would still be ahead of fallout's first 5 days, so pretty acceptable tbh if it gets there. unfortunately its week2 drop will obviously be harsher because the competition there is nuts.

Just now, MightyDargon said:

I never knew you before this board. The only things I know are your hilarious rants on here like the "AntMan is more relevant than Avatar" one because I lurked here for a while.

I never said that, lmao. I’m not even sure what you are on here. I don’t like Avatar, but I’ve always respected it as a franchise. I’m not alone in the sentiment of several James Cameron fans that wish Cameron did more films beyond Avatar sequels.

3 minutes ago, MightyDargon said:

Zatt thinks it somehow would have performed better in the Mario slot (because that had "less competition") and that Mario would have automatically moved despite the massive hype/presales. I've been trying to point out to him this is a bad idea in the hope the actual MCU schedulers aren't on here lurking and don't try anything stupid.

Thanks for helping Marvel Studios, I guess. What I meant is that Mario had a 2022 date and was rescheduled for this year. Given how insanely packed this Summer was, I’d imagine that an earlier April date would serve GotG Vol. 3 better. 

@Deep Wangdoes have a point on the necessity of spacing out Vol. 3 to Ant-Man 3, but since you seem to know me so well, you should know that I’m infamously complaining about Ant-Man since the first film. It’s my least favorite MCU franchise, I think it works better as a supporting character than carrying a film by himself or with Wasp. Not opposed with him working as a mentor to the Young Avengers or Avengers Academy or something.

What I mean when I say that Ant-Man 3 isn’t a good match for a February release date is that it’s a ‘family’ film on Black History Month featuring an white family with no sass or the valentine’s angle like Deadpool had. It doesn’t have the appeal of a February film, in my opinion, and worse, it’s still an Ant-Man film.

• Disbelief 1