Eric is Quiet

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

7 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

what's the over under on the combined Friday being over 100mil (True friday for Barbenheimer + all the rest)

Next to impossible. Barbie absolute best case scenario does 50 Oppenheimer 30. The rest like 25-30 so best case 105-110. Probably more likely gonna be Barbie 40-45, Opp 20-25, Rest 20-24M. So 80-94M is the likely range. 

15 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

If Oppenheimer is close to 40M in presales I could honestly see the weekend hitting 80+. 

That does sound like a very big pre-sale number for a movie that was supposedly tracking to make $45-50 million total according to various media reports.

Josh Hartnett better get the credit he deserves for blowing up Oppenheimer. Everyone is talking about him on Twitter. Announce his casting as Harvey Dent Monday @WB 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rocketracoon said:

Oppenheimer numbers strong hopefully WOM is good 

WOM is not going to be a problem for it. The lack of showings due to its runtime, the limited number of PLFs and a lack of screens in general are the only things holding back the film's performance.

• Thanks 1

Oppenheimer going 70+ in all likelihood and Barbie at 150-160 is so insane that people doomposting over this is wild. Whatever, BOT'll BOT. What I'm more curious about tbh is how Barbie's legs will be. We'll get a better judge from the CinemaScore but it definitely has the elements of a more divisive films imo.

4 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Josh Hartnett better get the credit he deserves for blowing up Oppenheimer. Everyone is talking about him on Twitter. Announce his casting as Harvey Dent Monday @WB 

I’m not sure @Water Bottlehas the ability to make casting decisions.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mulder said:

Oppenheimer going 70+ in all likelihood and Barbie at 150-160 is so insane that people doomposting over this is wild. Whatever, BOT'll BOT. What I'm more curious about tbh is how Barbie's legs will be. We'll get a better judge from the CinemaScore but it definitely has the elements of a more divisive films imo.

Barbie is going to make an enormous amount of money, even if the legs aren't the best ever. I'm sure they'll be pretty solid in the worst case scenario.

Oppenheimer seems to be way more of a toss-up on the legs situation. That one could end up with some backlash. It's a 3 hour movie with very little action, but the Universal marketing department has made it seem like an action flick. Audiences don't like to be misled, so I guess we'll see what they think as it plays out. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Barbie is going to make an enormous amount of money, even if the legs aren't the best ever. I'm sure they'll be pretty solid in the worst case scenario.

Oppenheimer seems to be way more of a toss-up on the legs situation. That one could end up with some backlash. It's a 3 hour movie with very little action, but the Universal marketing department has made it seem like an action flick. Audiences don't like to be misled, so I guess we'll see what they think as it plays out. 

Don't personally feel like the marketing has been misleading that way at all.

• Like 3