Eric Lasagna

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Wonder how many PLFs will stick with Barbie and/or MI over Haunted Mansion.

Oppy has IMAX on lock, Disney has already secured Dolbys (through 7pm) for Mansion (so late show available), and some XD & 4DX as well. There’s no 3D, so Disney wants all the PLFs it can, market be damned 

5 minutes ago, ky02121 said:

If Barbie comes close to 30M on a freaking Monday, July summer days or not ... oh boy girl

Seems Barbenheimer wont be just a phenomenon on OW!

3 minutes ago, ky02121 said:

First Monday is what I have dubbed “weekend leftovers”, and with this many sell-outs over the OW, a lot of unmet demand is going to roll over into weekdays 

SOF has the best non-holiday opening Monday hold this summer at -45% ; for reference, Dark Knight was -43.8%.  Oppy I expected to be in that range, but going to wait and see on Barbie; going sub-50% Mon even is summer is really difficult 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Killimano3 said:

That'd be around TDKs drop for Barbie and like... Less then a 40% drop for Oppenheimer O_o

Being so IMAX heavy means that Oppenheimer will see lower drops and lower increases since IMAX capacity is being utilised to the max already.

• Like 1

I have read barbie soundtrack has already 3 songs in the Global top 10 of Spotify, with Nicki Minaj song coming for the 1 spot tomorrow in the Us. Seems like a 360 degrees pop phenomenon is grewing up. 

Edited by vale9001

5 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

It's strange they didn't go for 3D with HM. Sorta seemed like this would be one of those that can make some money in the format. 

Going 3D would require actually planning things out and giving the director enough time to set up the shots they need and the post production the time they need instead of putting up a release slate and asking the makers to hit it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, M37 said:

Yes, but might be too low. Preview tracking is suggesting a ~$4M Thursday, and if it IMs like a family movie, could hit $40M

That'd be pretty surprising to me. Whenever an Endgame-level event comes along it ends up sucking the air out of everything else, hence all the early summer 2019 flops, and both Matrix 4 and The King's Man being crushed under the weight of No Way Home.

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Going 3D would require actually planning things out and giving the director enough time to set up the shots they need and the post production the time they need instead of putting up a release slate and asking the makers to hit it.

Ya, but...it's Disney. Giving the filmmakers and VFX houses time is, like, the antithesis of what they do now.

Just now, BadOlCatSylvester said:

That'd be pretty surprising to me. Whenever an Endgame-level event comes along it ends up sucking the air out of everything else, hence all the early summer 2019 flops, and both Matrix 4 and The King's Man being crushed under the weight of No Way Home.

Matrix 4 was day-and-date (and no one wanted it in the first place) and TKM had gone through what feels like a dozen delays and just sorta ended up dumped, with it soon on streaming. I don't think they're the best examples.