Eric S'ennui

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

17 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Why would films need to be pushed because of the strike? EVERYONE in Hollywood has to stop working?

Not all movies but some like Challengers (now sent to next year) are going to heavily rely on actor promotion that isn't possible during a strike. I imagine almost all the sequels/IP-based movies and some of the aspiring awards titles (like the ones just announced for TIFF) are staying to keep the box office for the rest of the year going and keeping exhibitors happy, but some like Dune 2 (already in a tough spot considering how packed the rest of November is) that want those social media moments with the stars could become strike insurance for 2024 due to the backlog caused by the shutdown.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

No, but a studio that might have 3-4 releases in Nov-Dec might decide 1-2 this year and the rest in the first half of 24 is better. That's why WB is prominent in the discussion, because they have 4 big releases in that time frame.

WB need to keep aquabro in Christmas,it's the only right way.

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Not all movies but some like Challengers (now sent to next year) are going to heavily rely on actor promotion that isn't possible during a strike. I imagine almost all the sequels/IP-based movies and some of the aspiring awards titles (like the ones just announced for TIFF) are staying to keep the box office for the rest of the year going and keeping exhibitors happy, but some like Dune 2 (already in a tough spot considering how packed the rest of November is) that want those social media moments with the stars could become strike insurance for 2024 due to the backlog caused by the shutdown.

Really? They need to stop the trailers in theaters. Had it last night in front of Barbie. 

Just now, harry713 said:

Really? They need to stop the trailers in theaters. Had it last night in front of Barbie. 

I didn't get it before my showing but I suspect it'll be pulled soon anyway, they just announced on Friday it was delayed to April.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Unironically, it's time for something to take TFA down. It's irritating that thing of all movies is #1 dom. So what better movie than Barbie? 

Wont happen. TFA was a movie seen by

giphy.gif

It was the definition of 4-quadrant, generation-crossing appeal. Everyone wanted to see the sequel to Return of the Jedi. 4 year olds and 100 year olds. Everyone.

Barbie cant compete against that, nor can any movie, honestly. 

Spoiler

When Barbie crosses TFA sometime in November because everything was delayed cause of the strike and Barbenheimer played through the rest of the year, ill gladly eat my food truck of crow.

• Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Hide contents

When Barbie crosses TFA sometime in November because everything was delayed cause of the strike and Barbenheimer played through the rest of the year, ill gladly eat my food truck of crow.

Spoiler

Na, Cruise will unleash TGM again and it will leg it to 1 billion lol

3 minutes ago, WorkingonaName said:

Shrek 5 coming in hot.

Ive been preaching for years now that a good (!) Shrek 5 will do an easy 600M DOM. Doesnt matter that Shrek 4 was not so hot, that was in 2010, thats already 13 years ago (fuck im old), on the contrary, after Puss in Boots 2 brought Shrek back into the public mind in a great way, its even more safe to assume it would explode.

• Like 1