Eric the Minion

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

8 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

Is Oppenheimer getting an A cinemascore proof that zoomer attention spans aren't as short as some make it out to be?

And proof that some cinephiles online are trying to pretend they speak on behalf of the general audience like Grace Randolph but literally have no idea what theyre talking about. 

38 minutes ago, 21C said:

but it's kinda obvious that women really crave more female-centric franchises and that maybe that was more of a factor on the success of the first Captain Marvel than people gave it credit for. 

Waaaait? Whaaaaaaat?! Women want to see stories about other WOMEN? Never. Just never. This is stupid talk. We only like what our boyfriends tell us to like. We would never have our own interests and taste, that sometimes don’t align with the general consensus of this board.  Nope. No, sireeeeeeeee

Im Not No Way GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 12
  • Knock It Off 1

39 minutes ago, AdrianL said:

Saturday's #s will be very interesting. In my area Barbie looked pretty full at late night shows while Oppenheimer lacked showtimes after 9.

Everything is 95% sold out for Oppenheimer on Saturday. If you’re going alone, you might be able to sneak into a good seat on a standard screen, but otherwise, you’re out of luck unless they add more shows.

If this “only” opens with $80M, it will be because of capacity.

I don't know how apt this comparison is but I've already seen some people describe the reactions to Oppenheimer and the general praise surrounding it as very similar to Schindler's List, another historical film about a very important period of history with difficult subject matter that made a ton of money at the box office.

Obviously to two are very different films and shouldn't really be compared in actual material sense, but a part of me thinks that the way Oppenheimer is performing and being received in general feels like a repeat, aka a historical film that's seen as important and a must watch.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I am utterly dreading the Josstice League-level mess that's going to be now. How much do you wanna bet we get reports of Simon Pegg descending into alcoholism by the end of it all?

Just stop please If you are trying to be funny.  It's getting old. That is not going to happen. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, John Marston said:

Sad to see MI crash and burn. It is what it is I guess. Wonder if Paramount will force changes to DR2

Deadline says 54% drop, which is pretty good. Are there any more recent numbers suggesting otherwise?

Just now, LegionWrex said:

Anybody who thinks that DR2 is going to be executively hacked to pieces is a moron. Cruise and McQuarrie are the lead fucking producers on these things, it's going to be fine.

Yep, those 2 guys have the process nailed down to a science these days. I would be shocked if the movie turns out to be a lousy one. The studio needs to focus on picking a much better release date and putting together a better marketing campaign for the next movie. Let McQuarrie & Cruise figure out the movie itself.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lab276 said:

Deadline says 54% drop, which is pretty good. Are there any more recent numbers suggesting otherwise?

Deadline report was very early Friday afternoon. RTH report tonight was about $1 million lower at $5.5 million for Friday compared to Deadline's report of $6.6 million. If the $5.5 million number is accurate, then it looks like a $20 million weekend. That's a drop of around 63%.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LegionWrex said:

Anybody who thinks that DR2 is going to be executively hacked to pieces is a moron. Cruise and McQuarrie are the lead fucking producers on these things, it's going to be fine.

I can not believe the stupidity of people saying this type of stuff. Trying to equate these movies to BVS and Justice League is just moronic on all levels. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Deadline report was very early Friday afternoon. RTH report tonight was about $1 million lower at $5.5 million for Friday compared to Deadline's report of $6.6 million. If the $5.5 million number is accurate, then it looks like a $20 million weekend. That's a drop of around 63%.

Ah yeah fair, that’s not as good. But is it really catastrophic in the face a 220m+ behemoth?