upriser7

Weekday numbers July 24-27

Just now, Valonqar said:

So far Barbie is doing almost 60M WW daily but to keep it on super conservative side for today (50M), it has made minmum 523M. Barbillion is beyond :locked2:. It's going to pass TLM's WW lifetime tomorrow and then next stop is AtSV. 

Depending on 2nd weekend numbers (especially OS numbers), Mario might be in big danger.

9 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Depending on 2nd weekend numbers (especially OS numbers), Mario might be in big danger.

Mario is the final one to take down. The rest will fall like dominos very soon. AtSV, Fast, GOTG Vol 3, and then the real challenge. It's gonna be fun to watch.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 3

If we’re talking live action pure comedy films in general (whether they be safe family-friendly comedies or raunchy R-rated comedies) , I think Barbie’s biggest box office goal is to outgross the $850M worldwide gross of the chinese comedy film ”Hi, Mom” in order to become the highest grossing live action comedy film of all time, worldwide.

I think it’s likely to happen and then after that, it’ll eventually get to $1B+ WW, since there’s no movie after it at the scale of Barbie that will slow down the box office run.

What do you guys think? 👩🏻‍💼💁🏻‍♀️

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Amy Schumer's Barbie would've been lucky to reach that $26M in its entire opening weekend. Mattel dodged such a huge bullet it's insane. I wouldn't be surprised to see them give He-Man the same satirical treatment once they can find a new home for that.

He-Man should actually be a straight-up fantasy adventure, maybe play with the tropes within it but still be a fantasy adventure first. There's a distinct lack of those for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

Why do you keep going on about Mission Impossible 8 becoming the next JL, like it's not going to happen like ever and the previous comment about Simon Pegg descending into alcoholism, not cool either. 

I got to beleive this is just shtick form Bad ol Cat at this point. because if not the complete and utter stupidity is just mind boggling. 

21 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

So Gitesh thinks Barbie is only going to make a combined $34M on Wednesday and Thursday?

I’ll take the over on that!

Yea if sellouts are still crazy the over seems pretty fair but if it does fall under 20 million today and then has a typical Thursday drop then 34 or 35 million might not be too far off