upriser7

Weekday numbers July 24-27

17 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Might have changed the box office just a little bit...

She needs to get James Gunn's input on including a fart joke. The Peacemaker season finale had a really good one which somehow made perfect sense with the narrative and didn't feel out of place in the least.

9 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

So I assume the summer box office ends like this?

1. Barbie

2. Across the Spider-Verse 

3. GOTG Vol 3

4. Oppenheimer 

5. The Little Mermaid

6. Sound of Freedom

7. Indy 5

8. M:I7

9. Elemental 

10. Transformers 

How’s the tracking for turtles? No chance of it breaking out I guess?

21 minutes ago, grim22 said:

She needs to get James Gunn's input on including a fart joke. The Peacemaker season finale had a really good one which somehow made perfect sense with the narrative and didn't feel out of place in the least.

All the people who want Gerwig to make a DC movie will be thrilled to know she has a similar sense of humor to Gunn.

5 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Both great numbers if they hold up (might go down a bit with actuals). I hope Oppenheimer stays above 10m.

Definitely hoping Oppy stays above $10M to surpass Passion of the Christ's number of consecutive days above $10M for R-rated films. Oppy needs a record to call its own, no matter how obscure.

• Like 5
  • Astonished 1

6 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Both great numbers if they hold up (might go down a bit with actuals). I hope Oppenheimer stays above 10m.

more than great, insane i think , sure Oppenheimer is helped by the soldout 70mm showings, but Barbie is another level, its a cultural phenomenon

3 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Definitely hoping Oppy stays above $10M to surpass Passion of the Christ's number of consecutive days above $10M for R-rated films. Oppy needs a record to call its own, no matter how obscure.

It wouldn't mind if they fudge it a bit, assuming the actual performance is very close to $10M for the day. Shave $100,000 or $200,000 from upcoming Friday/Saturday numbers.

Studios do this all the time. Paramount did it with Transformers 2 when it made $198M in 5 days and they magically found $2M in Puerto Rico to push it over $200M. Most recently Paramount did it with MI7 last Wednesday, to keep it from falling behind Sound of Freedom on the daily charts. 

Doing the B2B tonight after being off the grid in Yellowstone for a week.

The numbers these two films have been putting up over the past week is pure joy to watch as a fan of the theatrical experience.

Great ideas, greatly executed, greatly marketed. It’s all about quality from top to bottom of the studio system. And audiences still reward original quality

Fall season is also the most interesting I can remember since before Covid.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

So I assume the summer box office ends like this?

1. Barbie

2. Across the Spider-Verse 

3. GOTG Vol 3

4. Oppenheimer 

5. The Little Mermaid

6. Sound of Freedom

7. Indy 5

8. M:I7

9. Elemental 

10. Transformers 

Summer 2022

01 / 718.7M TOP GUN: MAVERICK

02 / 411.3M DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS

03 / 376.9M JURASSIC WORLD: DOMINION

04 / 369.7M MINIONS: THE RISE OF GRU

05 / 343.3M THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER

06 / 151.0M ELVIS

07 / 123.3M NOPE

08 / 118.3M LIGHTYEAR

09 / 103.4M BULLET TRAIN

10 / 093.7M DC LEAGUE OF SUPER-PETS

Edited by kayumanggi

Just realized (if everything goes right with the strike) The fall guy comes on 1 March 2024 and main actors are Gosling and Blunt, so a piece of barbeinhmer. That definitely will give some meme to it.

Also both could be nominated as supporting actors (the movie comes the week before the ceremony). 

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

Summer 2022

01 / 718.7M / TOP GUN: MAVERICK

02 / 411.3M / DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS

03 / 376.9M / JURASSIC WORLD: DOMINION

04 / 369.7M / MINIONS: THE RISE OF GRU

05 / 343.3M / THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER

06 / 151.0M / ELVIS

07 / 123.3M / NOPE

08 / 118.3M LIGHTYEAR

09 / 103.4M BULLET TRAIN

10 / 093.7M DC LEAGUE OF SUPER-PETS

a non-disney , non-cbm taking top spot is always good

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

a non-disney , non-cbm taking top spot is always good

Winter 2022

148.6M UNCHARTED

Spring 2022

369.3M THE BATMAN

Fall 2022

168.2M BLACK ADAM

Holiday 2022

684.1M AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER

• Like 1

Okay I'm well on board the $100m+ second weekend for Barbie now. I don't see how it misses the 4.8x Thursday IM it needs to get there when basically every big July release in the past managed to do that or better including children's animated movies and heavily frontloaded genres like CBMs. Unless the trackers have data showing a big dropoff in sales this is happening IMO. 

47 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Okay I'm well on board the $100m+ second weekend for Barbie now. I don't see how it misses the 4.8x Thursday IM it needs to get there when basically every big July release in the past managed to do that or better including children's animated movies and heavily frontloaded genres like CBMs. Unless the trackers have data showing a big dropoff in sales this is happening IMO. 

95-105M is where it could land, IMHO

Friday: 29-32M

Saturday: 36-39M

Sunday: 30-34M