kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers (actuals) | Aug 18 - 20 | 25.0M BLUE BEETLE | 21.1M BARBIE

4 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

X2 is still one of the best marvel movies. 

The good x men films still hold up pretty well. Had a rewatch of the series during covid and was quite surprised.

X1 has some weird moments but overall still solid .

X2 is still really good.

First class is my personal favorite. Just dig all the young x men and fassbender magneto is rad AF. Ending is one my favorite moments in the series.

Days of the future past unites the old and new and it jells together pretty well. Quicksilver sequence is fantastic. And yeah it's better than lot of uniting old  new character stories today that rely so heavily on nostalgia and fanservice.

Logan speaks for itself.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Still waiting on a Spanish player finally getting cited for diving

Imagine thinking yellow card for diving exists in football outside England…

Anyways, congratulations to Spain, but I thought England just lost to themselves, they didn’t play today like they were playing all tournament, probably nerves.

I feel bad for the goalkeeper after the penalty save though, her showing her tongue afterwards was legendary 

• Like 1

The true ranking of Spiderman movies is...

Tom Holland movies

Tobey Maguire movies

Andrew Garfield movies

That said, Andrew Garfield was brilliant in Tom Holland's movie.  I don't know how he wildly improved, but he finally "got" Spiderman in that movie, and for me, it was his best Spiderman acting.  It made me want to see him again as Spiderman, whereas I thought Tobey was his worst Spiderman in Tom's movie - in fact, Tobey really goes 1, 2, 3, Tom for his Spiderman roles - he didn't age into the role and his movies didn't age him up well, either.  I really don't want to see him play the role again.

23 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

The good x men films still hold up pretty well. Had a rewatch of the series during covid and was quite surprised.

X1 has some weird moments but overall still solid .

X2 is still really good.

First class is my personal favorite. Just dig all the young x men and fassbender magneto is rad AF. Ending is one my favorite moments in the series.

Days of the future past unites the old and new and it jells together pretty well. Quicksilver sequence is fantastic. And yeah it's better than lot of uniting old  new character stories today that rely so heavily on nostalgia and fanservice.

Logan speaks for itself.

Speaking of X-Men I'm still waiting for the day people will recognize Dark Phoenix as the good movie that it is. I have a fair amount of movies I love that a lot of people hated (like The Happening, Sucker Punch, Matrix Resurrections, etc.) but all of them have many other defenders. I seem to be alone on Dark Phoenix. I can't be crazy. Except for the third act, which was reshot, the rest of the movie has a practical look to it that I really appreciate in this era of everything looking so CGI-heavy. And I think Jessica Chastain and Sophie Turner are amazing in it. I need to find people to back me up on this. Please, even Halloween Ends has its defenders 😭

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Speaking of X-Men I'm still waiting for the day people will recognize Dark Phoenix as the good movie that it is. I have a fair amount of movies I love that a lot of people hated (like The Happening, Sucker Punch, Matrix Resurrections, etc.) but all of them have many other defenders. I seem to be alone on Dark Phoenix. I can't be crazy. Except for the third act, which was reshot, the rest of the movie has a practical look to it that I really appreciate in this era of everything looking so CGI-heavy. And I think Jessica Chastain and Sophie Turner are amazing in it. I need to find people to back me up on this. Please, even Halloween Ends has its defenders 😭

I know how you feel because I really like Apocalypse and I’m not even sure why, I just dig it.

With that said, the third act of Dark Phoenix is just hard to forgive, you know? As a huge fan of the Fox movies I think the disappointment of them once again getting a dark phoenix movie wrong just increases my negativity about that movie a lot. I d rather just forget it exists, sorry.

• Like 1

No Way Home would’ve been more effective if the big “reveal” wasn’t common knowledge before the film. That really took the wind right out of its sails completely for me. 

When the old spider man showed up I was like “ok now what?” rather than in any shock or surprise lol. But I’m not the target audience for it, I didn’t really enjoy the Sam Raimi films (apart from 2) and I didn’t even see the Garfield ones. 

22 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Meh. I don't think it's outright terrible or anything, but it's such a crap adaptation of the DP (for the second time) and the villains are so bloody terrible (obviously that was because of the behind-the-scenes issues with the Skrulls, but still). It felt very limp and small despite the stakes. And it never once is as goofy or have some of the outstanding sequences that Apocalypse did. LOL at the other movies you love, though. Jesus Christ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

Y'all are so annoying...

Lol i’ve just zoned out of this thread, only coming to see if there are any new numbers (which sadly are inexistent this weekend, seems all the number guys here and on the net don’t care about BB). The repetitive discussions are exhausting. Also funny that there is more discussion about Spidey and other Marvel properties than Blue Beetle which actually released this weekend. 

24 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Lol i’ve just zoned out of this thread, only coming to see if there are any new numbers (which sadly are inexistent this weekend, seems all the number guys here and on the net don’t care about BB). The repetitive discussions are exhausting. Also funny that there is more discussion about Spidey and other Marvel properties than Blue Beetle which actually released this weekend. 

It seems nobody care enough about Blue Beetle to post the numbers.

I just want the numbers so this disccussion about Spideeman movies may end.

Edited by Kon