XXR & Friends

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

11 minutes ago, YM! said:

Glad Majors was found guilty. Fuck abusers. Tbh think they can just pivot from Kang and just try 838 vs 616/whatever the fuck universe MCU is. Doom is a goated villain and they shouldn't rush him although Doom is a big part of Secret Wars the comic, think The Beyonder (maybe they can bring back Laurence Fishburne for it) as the villain and the 838 Illuminati as antagonists who are pissed at Wanda and Strange fucking up their universe could be an interesting angle. 

This is the second web site i've seen some one suggest Laurence Fishburne. Antman and the Wasp was so forgettable that people forget he was in that, I guess.

37 minutes ago, Porthos said:

The setback is in having to rewrite/change up their plans which can set off a long chain of dominoes that might not be immediately apparent.

A minor example, but televised SW is still feeling the aftershocks of Gina Carano not being able to keep her yap shut in 2020/21.

Not A SW Thread (thank god) so I won't go into depth on it, but it seems fairly apparent to me that The Rangers of the New Republic getting cancelled/repurposed/development hell'd has had at least caused LFL to scramble to tell the stories they wanted to tell in that series.

There were signs months ago that changes were already happening. Hell, Loki had no rewrites, but even that didn't end with a Kang tease.

3 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

This is the second web site i've seen some one suggest Laurence Fishburne. Antman and the Wasp was so forgettable that people forget he was in that, I guess.

I say that solely because he voiced him in the Moon Girl cartoon and its multiverse stuff so…:

1 hour ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

There were signs months ago that changes were already happening. Hell, Loki had no rewrites, but even that didn't end with a Kang tease.

Well, yes.  That's a point I've been making off and on for a while.  But what those changes (which the writers strike put a giant pause on) are and how long it takes to completely sort out isn't something that will done with a, pardon the usage of the term here, snap of a finger.

The build up to Avengers 5, whatever it's gonna be called, is very likely gonna fairly different from what it was originally planned on being.  That's no small thing, is more or less what I'm saying.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, YM! said:

Glad Majors was found guilty. Fuck abusers. Tbh think they can just pivot from Kang and just try 838 vs 616/whatever the fuck universe MCU is. Doom is a goated villain and they shouldn't rush him although Doom is a big part of Secret Wars the comic, think The Beyonder (maybe they can bring back Laurence Fishburne for it) as the villain and the 838 Illuminati as antagonists who are pissed at Wanda and Strange fucking up their universe could be an interesting angle. 

As a Wanda stan I approve of this message

• ...wtf 1

They will recast Kang. As per Loki writer Eric Martin, Michael Waldron is working on Kang movie. Also Marvel/Disney got what they deserved. Instead of building the saga by projecting protagonists they were trying to build the saga through an antagonist that nobody had heard before. MCU downfall was started when they had stopped giving good scripts & good writing to the movies of their big characters and instead only used next Big Bad thing to keep people interested in MCU.

• ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, excel1 said:

I think it is clear multiverse live action films, NWH aside, have been very confusing.

Keep it simple, cast Josh Hartnett as Dr. Doom, and go back to the roots. 

There has only been one other Multiverse film besides No Way Home. And it really wasn't confusing so idk

• ...wtf 1

A fitting end for one of the biggest jobbers this franchise has ever seen. The decision to have him get beaten by Ant-Man and his army of ants pretty much killed him as a big bad. No one is going to ever take him seriously after that. And with Loki's ending leaving them with a convenient out, I'll join the camp who wants Kang gone entirely and Avengers 5 to be something else. Maybe a fight between the main world and the Illuminati world ending with Loki Who Remains rebooting everything and taking on the Beyonder role in Secret Wars, assuming that still gets made after all this. Hopefully James Gunn and his team are paying very close attention and taking plenty of notes so that their franchise never suffers a downfall like Marvel has.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

Denzel wouldn’t go near a Marvel movie. It took him the majority of his career to even agree to do a sequel with the Equalizer films, so he’s hardly going to sign up for a multi-film Marvel contract.

I also wouldn’t want an actor of his talent to waste his remaining years on Marvel movies either…

Hear me out: Denzel as the Beyonder!  Sure, he's probably not interested in another multi-film franchise, but this character would probably only be in Secret Wars I&II and perhaps a teasing cameo beforehand.  Denzel does seem in more of an "action" mode lately, too (Equalizer, Gladiator 2, Hannibal).  I could definitely see it happening!  

I too think KANG is out as a character, and I think it was apparent from the moment Marvel hired Waldron as the new screenwriter of AVENGERS 5.  

Edited by Macleod

Yeah it sounds like Majors had a pretty outsized view of himself, with the whole MLK comparison thing. I mean he's not a bad actor, in a world where Magazine Dreams released say a year ago he'd probably be up for an Oscar nomination from how the reviews sounded, but he really bought into his own hype.

Edited by SpiderByte

10 hours ago, excel1 said:

I think it is clear multiverse live action films, NWH aside, have been very confusing.

Keep it simple, cast Josh Hartnett as Dr. Doom, and go back to the roots. 

Multiverse does usually equal = out of ideas. 

6 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

A fitting end for one of the biggest jobbers this franchise has ever seen. The decision to have him get beaten by Ant-Man and his army of ants pretty much killed him as a big bad. No one is going to ever take him seriously after that. And with Loki's ending leaving them with a convenient out, I'll join the camp who wants Kang gone entirely and Avengers 5 to be something else. Maybe a fight between the main world and the Illuminati world ending with Loki Who Remains rebooting everything and taking on the Beyonder role in Secret Wars, assuming that still gets made after all this. Hopefully James Gunn and his team are paying very close attention and taking plenty of notes so that their franchise never suffers a downfall like Marvel has.

I’ve seen every MCU film apart from Thor 2 and I don’t know what any of these things are.

Thats one of the main problems with the MCU now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Multiverse does usually equal = out of ideas. 

I’ve seen every MCU film apart from Thor 2 and I don’t know what any of these things are.

Thats one of the main problems with the MCU now. 

That only applies to Loki's Kang variant with a non-Kang name. Otherwise, this would be akin to talking about Ultron around Iron Man 3's release. The Beyonder hasn't been mentioned at all in the MCU and Secret Wars hasn't been actually marketed to general audience even if they've announced it.. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

That only applies to Loki's Kang variant with a non-Kang name. Otherwise, this would be akin to talking about Ultron around Iron Man 3's release. The Beyonder hasn't been mentioned at all in the MCU and Secret Wars hasn't been actually marketed to general audience even if they've announced it.. 

see I don’t know what that is either, because I didn’t watch Loki. 

I think the Disney+ shows are a big culprit. 

• Like 1