Eric Prime

Weekend Thread (11/17-19) | Early Deadline #s - Songbirds 5.75-6M Previews, Trolls 2M

One of my best predictions was predicting Catching Fire to outgross The Hunger Games (the first ever $400m+ sequel grosser) with $420m.

Catching Fire is such a fucking great film. 

Edited by Noctis
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Cap said:

Same, girl. 

I hate Bob so much for denying this girl a full press tour. She is just everything. So good at hype. So good at spin.

I think generally its the right response to a tough question put on to her. But its not on CEO of a company as big as Disney on individual movie's box office. This is more on Feige than anyone else. 

• Like 1

does the marvels's 2.8x thursday to friday seem reasonable?

I see eternals did 2.2 in week 3, while wf did 2.4 in week 2

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

41 minutes ago, Cap said:

Same, girl. 

I hate Bob so much for denying this girl a full press tour. She is just everything. So good at hype. So good at spin.

She’s a treasure. No doubt she put her all in, would have loved to see her in a version of the script that was actually good.  

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Theaters are so dead if we consider a mid 40s and a high 20s OW for THG and Trolls good.

To be fair, I think this number is actually good for THG all things considered, as I’ve mentioned. It could have been a total train wreck. But yes, still horrid on a general Nov blockbusters scale. 

• Like 1

So a prequel to a series that sort of petered out  on the big screen 8 years ago is going to do close to 50 million this weekend and the 3rd in a animated series after the 2nd was a hybrid release at the height of Covid is going to do close to 30 million,Yes for November typical BO office not great but for these movies not bad and could be far worse. They are going to do exactly what reasonable expectations would be for them and maybe more. The burden should not be on them to save the industry or something.

• Like 6