Grand Cine

Weekdays 01/08-01/11

3 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

New Leader !!!

Only kids still out are college kids...so this tracks.  Well, that and it was senior citizen discount day, on a day when the men were likely watching the college national championships:).

Holidays are over so falls will be brutal week-to-week all week...until maybe Friday, where some schools (and workers) do the 4 day weekend...

What over dramatic tripe... Luiz makes it read like he has never followed box office before. Whats he gonna say when Migration is -90% week to week and 80%+ all this week?? 

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Edited by narniadis
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, John Marston said:

So is Anyone But You becoming one of those movies like Greatest Showman, Paul Blart Mall, Taken etc with insane holds every week or will Mean Girls bring it down next weekend?

Aaaaaand today is the day I learn that the original Paul Blart made $150M domestic. 

Gonna have to sit and think about that fact for a minute. 

• Haha 4
  • ...wtf 1

8 minutes ago, mikeymichael said:

Aaaaaand today is the day I learn that the original Paul Blart made $150M domestic. 

Gonna have to sit and think about that fact for a minute. 

I was there for tracking that run and had honestly forgotten till this comment. It's just... yeah. 🫠

A lot of the movie news today feels like Hollywood freaking out about the state of theatrical.

Why is Disney sending the Mandalorian to theaters, when I'd rather just wait a few months for Disney+? Especially when I don't have any trust the film will be better-written than the show?

Why is a Tom Cruise deal with Warner Bros. such a big deal? M:I 7 barely broke even, and younger people just don't seem to be into Tom Cruise and his brand of Scientology.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

A lot of the movie news today feels like Hollywood freaking out about the state of theatrical.

Why is Disney sending the Mandalorian to theaters, when I'd rather just wait a few months for Disney+? Especially when I don't have any trust the film will be better-written than the show?

Why is a Tom Cruise deal with Warner Bros. such a big deal? M:I 7 barely broke even, and younger people just don't seem to be into Tom Cruise and his brand of Scientology.

Geez, do you like anything?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Geez, do you like anything?

It doesn't matter what I like, those two stories seem like Disney and Warner Brothers floundering. Both studios had a "terrible" 2023, even with Barbie for Warner Bros. and Guardians 3 for Disney. Instead of reflecting on the problem, Warner Bros. is throwing money at it, while Lucasfilm is saying "people like Grogu. Add his name to the title and make it a movie!"

Meanwhile, Anyone But You was made for $25 million and is going to make a healthy profit. And it's not even a well-received film critically.