Grand Cine

3/08-3/10 Weekend Estimates : KFP 4 : 58,3M , Dune 2 : 46,3M , Imaginary : 10M , Caprini : 7,6M

I do recall people making a stink about Migration's audience score as well

Panda is again the only PG rated family movie for two months, it shouldn't have any issue with legs.

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 2

I kind of want to know if 4 can literally take over every entry in the franchise opening domestic weekend-wise. I think 1 is at 60.2 so what are the chances it can be done? Also, say it does 55-60M opening domestic weekend, what are your predictions for domestic total?

Edited by elhassane31
  • Heart 2

1 hour ago, HowSway said:

Which trackers? I don't remember anyone from the tracking team ever saying it was looking like a 100 million opener

There was a big jump in sales Monday or Tuesday of release week. $100m looked looked possible if that pace continued, but it came back to earth 

1 hour ago, HowSway said:

Which trackers? I don't remember anyone from the tracking team ever saying it was looking like a 100 million opener

so you’re missing this forum for some weeks I guess lol, some people even called out @Shawn Robbins cuz his first projection was basically like  “Calm down, Dune won’t be making a 100M OW”, and he turned out to be right. However, some weeks ago some people were overhyped after some news saying that “rival studios” were seeing Dune making 1 billion. Shawn was the first one (or at least one of them) to bring down to earth those crazy expectations. Some people (not only on this forum) got upset because he was not even considering 100M as a possibility. 

Who? I won’t be exposing anyone. Tracking is a really hard thing to do, people who this for love deserve every praise. Sometimes you get it right some times you don’t. And this is ok. :) 

Edited by leoh
  • Knock It Off 3

36 minutes ago, elhassane31 said:

I kind of want to know if 4 can literally take over every entry in the franchise opening domestic weekend-wise. I think 1 is at 60.2 so what are the chances it can be done? Also, say it does 55-60M opening domestic weekend, what are your predictions for domestic total?

everything depends on how big is Po’s jump this Saturday. At this point I don’t think this is impossible. :D 

21 minutes ago, leoh said:

so you’re missing this forum for some weeks I guess lol, some people even called out @Shawn Robbins cuz his first projection was basically like  “Calm down, Dune won’t be making a 100M OW”, and he turned out to be right. However, some weeks ago some people were overhyped after some news saying that “rival studios” were seeing Dune making 1 billion. Shawn was the first one (or at least one of them) to bring down to earth those crazy expectations. Some people (not only on this forum) got upset because he was not even considering 100M as a possibility. 

Who? I won’t be exposing anyone. Tracking is a really hard thing to do, people who this for love deserve every praise. Sometimes you get it right some times you don’t. And this is ok. :) 

Is "I won't be exposing anyone" code for "nobody actually gave $100M as a serious projection and I'm just lying to make my nonsensical point stick"?

Edited by dallas
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, leoh said:

michael jordan laughing GIF

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, dallas said:

You didn't answer the question of which trackers were giving $100M as an actual projection. 

I’m not into wars, archive is available to everyone :) 

(and I was not talking about you)

Edited by leoh

20 minutes ago, von Kenni said:

Using last weekends MTC1 adjusted comps I get $13.18M for Dune this Friday. ATP was today 17.57 and last Friday 17.07. Let's see what the studio estimates tomorrow say...

Original post shows the exact MTC1 numbers by Keysersoze. Around 36.3% drop from the last true Fri. Not bad at all.

Season 2 Drinking GIF by Parks and Recreation

...and was pointed out that MTC1 share is likely bigger this weekend according to Charlie so no piece of mind tonight. Let's see how much it drops from the number above.

Season 3 Ugh GIF by Parks and Recreation

Edited by von Kenni
Charlie

3 hours ago, AniNate said:

I do recall people making a stink about Migration's audience score as well

Panda is again the only PG rated family movie for two months, it shouldn't have any issue with legs.

Yeah but at least Migration got A cinemascore and the movie is overtaking Aquaman 2 soon as the second biggest movie of X-Mas season.