Grand Cine

3/08-3/10 Weekend Estimates : KFP 4 : 58,3M , Dune 2 : 46,3M , Imaginary : 10M , Caprini : 7,6M

7 hours ago, leoh said:

so you’re missing this forum for some weeks I guess lol, some people even called out @Shawn Robbins cuz his first projection was basically like  “Calm down, Dune won’t be making a 100M OW”, and he turned out to be right. However, some weeks ago some people were overhyped after some news saying that “rival studios” were seeing Dune making 1 billion. Shawn was the first one (or at least one of them) to bring down to earth those crazy expectations. Some people (not only on this forum) got upset because he was not even considering 100M as a possibility. 

Who? I won’t be exposing anyone. Tracking is a really hard thing to do, people who this for love deserve every praise. Sometimes you get it right some times you don’t. And this is ok. :) 

Shawn's 1st opening predictions were $50-$75M and $125-$195M DOM - and yes, I told him they were too low...a lot...those 1st few weeks when they weren't changing...and they were too low.

My 1st opening predictions (which folks on this board know I don't tend to abandon just b/c of presales) of $102/$325M were too high (at least for OW)...we should have met in the middle:)...and he almost did at the end:).

So, Leoh, please continue...over and over and over again...and keep beating the dead horse.  You've contributed so much valuable feedback to these boards so far.  

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

A certain someone had 'Dune' at $13M but that was 12 hours ago.  I am guessing Deadline was projecting something like 13 + 17 + 11 to get to their early $41M number?  That would be a 50% hold.  I think it can do better than that. 

6 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

This is the 1st shocking number I've seen this year.  

We're gonna get Panda 5, 6, and 7 if this doesn't collapse...

Thank goodness for that. These movies are the only gigs @The Panda can get in Hollywood. Though maybe there’s an opening for Zootopia 2.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

Thank goodness for that. These movies are the only gigs @The Panda can get in Hollywood. Though maybe there’s an opening for Zootopia 2.

I thought he did a great job playing the murder victim in Tropic Thunder before he even made it big, I think he can find plenty of similar work if he's willing to keep his ego in check...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

18/62m

Sat maybe lower . So 60M + is definitely in cards.

That’s a $19.3 total Fri, $15.5 True, doubt we’re going to see a +60% Sat

$52M (Bad Guys path) to $59M (Trolls) is where I have it 

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

Gotta initiate talks for Turning Redder

Just now, AniNate said:

Red Pandas aren't pandas 🧐

Yes they are. "Panda" is not a scientific classification like crocodilian, it's just a name people use for an animal. There is no "Pandadae" animal, just an ursine (giant panda) and an Ailurid (red panda) that resembles a raccoon. Hence a red panda is a "panda" since "panda" is not a scientific classification. If pandas were a specific group of animal like Ursidae (bears) THEN a red panda would not be a panda but it's not. Of course a red panda is not a bear, just like a koala is not a bear since neither are Ursidae.

8 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

I thought we as a culture moved on from offensive redface.

Look if you wanna sell “Turning White” to the boys in marketing, be my guest

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Legion Again said:

Look if you wanna sell “Turning White” to the boys in marketing, be my guest

I can turn red when I'm in the sun for longer than 5 minutes and white if I eat too much at White Castle