kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | actuals | 15.54M GODZILLA×KONG: THE NEW EMPIRE

14 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Maybe I misread, but I assumed he was talking about OW. That it was going to come close to Dune's 82M and its WW opening (180M ish?).

>Good. Good. Now let's see if it can take on Dune 2 OW. WW is nearly a lock, DOM be close, US closer.

my mistake

read that as Good. Good. Now let's see if it can take on Dune 2 WW. WW is nearly a lock, DOM be close, US closer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Happy for Dunst leading a #1 hit, she said in an interview recently the offers she received after her Oscar nomination for The Power of the Dog were pretty lame and that she would've returned for No Way Home if she had been offered. Hopefully they see this success and take it as the hint to bring her back for the next Spider-Man movie.

The original plan was to give Maguire and Garfield much bigger roles in NWH but Maguire held out for such a long time that they had to limit them only to the third act. If things had gone according to the initial plan, maybe Kirsten would have gotten a call.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

>Good. Good. Now let's see if it can take on Dune 2 OW. WW is nearly a lock, DOM be close, US closer.

my mistake

read that as Good. Good. Now let's see if it can take on Dune 2 WW. WW is nearly a lock, DOM be close, US closer.

He’s talking about OW.

2 hours ago, AniNate said:

From 45% to 29% 🥴

Deadline's walkup estimates suck. I think $200mil still on the table for Panda, definitely is again taking advantage of no other kids movies available

I mean never say never, but it's honestly looking dicey. I said this before, but following Home's legs, which this has been relatively close to since its premiere, would get it to only 194.6M. And Home had two consecutive sub-20 weekends following its sixth that I don't see Panda achieving. Could be wrong though!

2 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

Curious to know from others who follow OS box office more how far this can go? Because this is looking like it could beat Afterlife's 75M. Don't think it'll get above 200M, but at least it shows franchise growth? I guess?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

I mean never say never, but it's honestly looking dicey. I said this before, but following Home's legs, which this has been relatively close to since its premiere, would get it to only 194.6M. And Home had two consecutive sub-20 weekends following its sixth that I don't see Panda achieving. Could be wrong though!

Curious to know from others who follow OS box office more how far this can go? Because this is looking like it could beat Afterlife's 75M. Don't think it'll get above 200M, but at least it shows franchise growth? I guess?

IMDB says this still has South Korea and India left, but yeah, will beat AFTERLIFE overseas but not worldwide. Will also be the only GHOSTBUSTERS movie to miss 200M worldwide.

2 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

F0qYdoUX0AALT5v?format=jpg&name=900x900

Spy x Family Code: White is releasing on this Friday - April 19! Do book your tickets! You don't need to watch the entire series to understand the film! Remember - Animation is Cinema!

Is this a Mission Impossible spin off cartoon? Or a bootleg poster? 

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

It was a marketing collaboration for the last Mission Impossible film in Japan. Top Gun did it too with Uma Musume.

FTpdGG9aMAAtEqo?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

It's a collaboration poster back in July 2023 to promote MI7 in Japan

We did earlier too. This one is my favourite - Detective Conan 2019 x Avengers: Endgame

Trailer

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

Ah ok I see, thanks everyone.

Same as what Sponge Bob did back in the day, spoofing big films around the same time with poster tributes. 

B81XBsqCcAAtNBD.jpg

Can you imagine him in that room?

• Heart 1
  • Haha 4
  • Astonished 2

3 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

IMDB says this still has South Korea and India left, but yeah, will beat AFTERLIFE overseas but not worldwide. Will also be the only GHOSTBUSTERS movie to miss 200M worldwide.

bet its shifted some toys though! I’m sure overall it’s done alright for Sony.  Hard to see a third from here in its current guise. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Monkey Man and First Omen are the latest examples of films gushed about in film circles but not translating to any kind of box office success 

Gushed is a strong word I would say. I feel like the general consensus is that they're good but not great (with a few people praising either or as being great).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Ah ok I see, thanks everyone.

Same as what Sponge Bob did back in the day, spoofing big films around the same time with poster tributes. 

I'll ruin all of your days by reminding you all that Sherlock Gnomes, the random Gnomeo and Juliet sequel no one ever asked for, also used a lot of parody posters for marketing. I don't think it worked out for them.

4 hours ago, Eric Atreides said:

If this Ghostbusters movie was actually good it could have done a cool 250-260M worldwide in a 100M budget. They could have done a 3rd one but as is the franchise is back to the drafting board. I guess they will go for an animated movie next.

I do not think Ghostbusters is dead. The fact that even a poorly received installment has a baseline of $100 million domestic and Sony lacks many franchises . They will find some way to continue it  

• Like 1

I adored The First Omen.

Who would ever guessed a prequel to The Omen would turn out this well.

The acting is superb. The slow burn tension builds to crescendo. The framing of each shot is meticulous and brilliant. The use of sound and darkness was on another level. I really, really loved it and think any horror fan should be running out to see it to support it.

I have the Scream Factory Omen Blu Ray Collection but don't think the franchise is anything special. I can't wait to own this, crossing my fingers for a 4K release. By far the best Omen film.

9/10

• Like 2