CJohn

SPECTRE | 11/6/15 | Final Trailer on Page 126! | Twitter reactions coming in, STID 2.0?

Alot of my friends didn't like Skyfall and most of their concers were that, it wasn't like the BOND movies they knew. This new turn might be good for Americans, but I think it might slow turn off overseas audiences, who are mostly into that gadget and women bond movies. 

Alot of my friends didn't like Skyfall and most of their concers were that, it wasn't like the BOND movies they knew. This new turn might be good for Americans, but I think it might slow turn off overseas audiences, who are mostly into that gadget and women bond movies. 

Considering Skyfall made 1.1b... no.

Bond has always adapated to the times. When cornier action movies are back in fashion, that's what it'll be again.

PS - none of those potential directors excite me (I don't believe the Refn inclusion is true) for Bond.

Edited by Hatebox

Not really feeling any of those directors.

Skyfall was a good movie but I'm not completely into this whole serious take on Bond. I'd like to see a nice balance of humor and seriousness. Bond can be ruthless when he needs to be but he can also be witty and sarcastic as well. Connery pulled it off and even Brosnan as well. I just want them to lighten things up a bit. Let the man save the world again! Enough with all these insular, more personal story lines.

Update #2: After all the hubbub below, it looks like Sam Mendes is indeed returning to direct. According to Deadline, talks have begun and he “will be the director of the next Bond,” following upSkyfall. Check back for official word from MGM and Sony. http://thefilmstage.com/news/nicolas-winding-refn-being-considered-for-next-james-bond-film/

Edited by kayumanggi

I think Yates or Hooper would be interesting, Hooper is untested as he's not done an action film whereas Yates has done Potter. I've seen an article that they want Mendes to return but he's got theatre commitments with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and King Lear, I could see Sony and MGM film the next Bond with a break in production to allow him to complete his commitments similar to what Peter Jackson did with The Hobbit to allow Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch to film Sherlock.

I think Yates or Hooper would be interesting, Hooper is untested as he's not done an action film whereas Yates has done Potter. I've seen an article that they want Mendes to return but he's got theatre commitments with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and King Lear, I could see Sony and MGM film the next Bond with a break in production to allow him to complete his commitments similar to what Peter Jackson did with The Hobbit to allow Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch to film Sherlock.

Original article said movie was for 2016, so its fine.

There was an article about a month ago where Mendes was very candid about not wanting to commit another 3 years of his life to Bond movie. His tone bordered on almost anger at the suggestion. Money talks, perhaps?

Edited by Hatebox

Original article said movie was for 2016, so its fine.

I doubt they're going to schedule it for 2016, the only reason Skyfall came four years after QoS was due to MGM's financial problems, I think November 2015 will be the targeted release date for Bond.

I doubt they're going to schedule it for 2016, the only reason Skyfall came four years after QoS was due to MGM's financial problems, I think November 2015 will be the targeted release date for Bond.

I will believe the Variety article.

Within 3 years, official statement, which covers 2016.

If Mendes returns then that's fine by me since i loved Skyfall.

From the other names considered i find some of them rather interesting. Unfortunately the two British ones (Hooper, Yates) don't sound very promising. But Lee is a perfect choice and Black would give a pretty different and interesting take on Bond. Refn on the other hand is love him or hate him type of filmamker. I'd love to see a Refn Bond but i fail to see how this can be worked out to fit his sensibilities.