kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | 09.27 - 09.29, 2024 | Thursday Previews | 1.95M THE WILD ROBOT | 0.77M MEGALOPOLIS

Seeing Coppola return ended up one of the most embarrassing moments of the year isn’t a nice feeling to swallow but since he already have five best picture nominees and two winner in his belt, on top of that the first godfather became the biggest domestic grosser of all time during that time, there is already nothing more to ask for his career. 

30 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

DPW is locked to pass Barbie DOM, as well as doubling DP2 ($637M).

DPW DOM performance is more impressive than No Way Home because

1. It's R-Rated

2. It didn't have Christmas legs to help 

3. This is just adding Wolverine, whereas No Way Home added every single villain and every single Spider-Man

4. Deadpool and Wolverine, while popular, are not as popular as Spider-Man who is basically on par with Batman

You could argue against that though that No Way Home came out still during the pandemic.

Still, I tend to agree with you as far as the domestic performance. Overseas, NWH was definitely more impressive, though.

I mean, it made 1.1b+ OS WITHOUT China.

5 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Seeing Coppola return ended up one of the most embarrassing moments of the year isn’t a nice feeling to swallow but since he already have five best picture nominees and two winner in his belt, on top of that the first godfather became the biggest domestic grosser of all time during that time, there is already nothing more to ask for his career. 

I mean we got both a future Southland Tales-style cult classic in the making, and we got high-quality memes from this affair. And you know what? That’s all we really need out of a movie.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

All that an his most rewatchable movie is Dracula. An overrated and dated filmography if you ask me. Who wants to watch Godfather when they can watch Goodfellas? 

• ...wtf 3

1 hour ago, AniNate said:

64% drop from last true Friday, yikes.

Confirmed loser of this bot battle.

It’s actually impressive how badly they fucked this up. Give it an august release and it would’ve done the same numbers as mutant mayhem, but nope, drop it right next to a dreamworks movie instead. 

I mean for gods sake, are Paramounts staff made up exclusively of the rejects and failures of other studios?

Edited by CheeseWizard
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Flopped said:

All that an his most rewatchable movie is Dracula. An overrated and dated filmography if you ask me. Who wants to watch Godfather when they can watch Goodfellas? 

I like The Godfather more than Goodfellas. And judging by ratings not just me.

1 minute ago, Firepower said:

I like The Godfather more than Goodfellas. And judging by ratings not just me.

Yeah but who can take those seriously? I mean Shawshank is the best movie of all time according to imdb, and it's a solid B. That whole list is basically, white college guys and white dads voting. 

• ...wtf 1

24 minutes ago, CheeseWizard said:

It’s actually impressive how badly they fucked this up. Give it an august release and it would’ve done the same numbers as mutant mayhem, but nope, drop it right next to a dreamworks movie instead. 

I mean for gods sake, are Paramounts staff made up exclusively of the rejects and failures of other studios?

Yeah, we got it. We get it already. TFO has done and is still doing poor numbers. No need to constantly repeat what we at BOT know already, Captain Obvious. You said it before, now let go of your overdramatic rambling. 👩🏻‍💼🙄

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

33 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Holy Shit are you Fucking  serious with that?  The Godfather and Goodfellas are both Classics and shitting on one to prop the other is idiotic.

8 minutes ago, CheeseWizard said:

At this point, I don't think a better release date would've helped the movie much. That projected second weekend drop is an indication the casual audience is straight up rejecting the movie, which sadly is primarily because of the movie itself being made with Transformers diehards as its primary audience. Most people simply never asked for or wanted a Transformers origin movie to begin with.

But I definitely agree that Paramount's management of the brand has been atrocious. The perfect relaunch opportunity was delivered to them on a Megalon platter with Bumblebee, and yet instead of properly analyzing what it did right, they went right back into the same mistakes with Rise of the Beasts. And now they are paying the price, as even if they make another great Transformers movie now, no one will go see it. The mountain who cried wolf. I hope, for the brand's sake, Hasbro revokes Paramount's license after this mess and goes on the hunt for a new partner that'll give these timeless characters the care and respect they deserve.

What makes this even more baffling is, Manhog disaster aside, Paramount has actually done well with Sonic especially. They've given that property the necessary care and respect, scheduled the movies appropiately, and consistently capitalized on the momentum of each movie by amplifying what fans loved. And they've just given Ninja Turtles a new lease on life. So they know how to properly manage these classic brands. Then why do they keep fucking up with Transformers so much, arguably their most cinematic brand?

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Seriously, I see nothing goodfellas that would render godfather unwatchable. Goodfellas focus the up and down event and it is more plot driven whereas godfather focus more on character dynamic and interaction.