ZeeSoh

Joker: Folie à Deux Weekend Thread

8 hours ago, thajdikt said:

The lowest avengers movie grossed 1.4B.

That’s Avengers: Age of Ultron. Made 1.405B WW. And at that time in 2015, it was the seventh highest grossing film then, fourth biggest of 2015, behind SW:TFA, JW & F&F7. Amongst the top ten biggest films overall. Now it’s at a still impressive and comfortable 16th place in the WW-chart. 👩🏻‍💼😇

• Like 1

Comicmovies are screwed up especially on a global markets side. The only one will forever do great is Spider man, which is famous everywhere like Mickey Mouse and then Batman. These are the two real global super hero icons. Plus Wolverine and Superman but in a lower scale.

The rest was just made famous by those movies and now the genre became boring. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, vale9001 said:

Is Phoenix career at risk? 2 blockbuster bombs in a year (and beau kinda too), leaving indie productions on a financial hell. 

Seems like producers of both sides of hollywood could Say no thanks now to him.

Personally i find him a very annoying actor so i don't care that much (and i don't mean as person but yeah an annoying actor) but It's interesting what is gonna happening. 

At risk how? That nobody will want to hire an actor who has just reprised one of the greatest performances of the last 20 years in a sequel people are mad at, that’s nothing to do with his performance?

Phoenix has never been about picking projects that will do great box office. He will forever get to choose whatever he wants to do with no shortage of offers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lory88 said:

Lady Gaga's star has also faded.
A Star is Born was a success beyond all expectations but after that she made two bad films that the public did not like.

Why do I see this revisionist history, House of Gucci was the biggest drama hit in over 2 years, since little women. It made $150 million at a time where other dramas were maximum making 14 million thanks to covid. Gaga received raves and was the only actress to get in  all precursors. Sure she missed the Oscar’s but I don’t think by much. How many actresses deliver back to back award winning films for their first 2. I find some of this revisionism hilarious because joker has flopped despite her being on screen for 30 mins. Adam driver has been in so many flops and so has Nicole Kidman. At one point Nicole Kidman was the worst actor in the world as far as box office success was concerned yet we see her in every second movie show. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

At risk how? That nobody will want to hire an actor who has just reprised one of the greatest performances of the last 20 years in a sequel people are mad at, that’s nothing to do with his performance?

Phoenix has never been about picking projects that will do great box office. He will forever get to choose whatever he wants to do with no shortage of offers. 

yeah, not for a 200M movie after Napoleon and joker bombed so hard. 

Also beau is afaid just 12M global on a 35M budget.  Come on come on 4.5 on an 8M budget. Can't even sell a low budget movie. 

This is all his career after Joker. After the boom with Joker just flops and as icing on the cake not even able to sell the sequel of that movie, actually something will probably stay as on of  the biggest shocking bombs of the decade.

If you add he even left a project they were ready to shoot and the producers are saying everywhere the move is tragic and he made them losing money I don't see his career on a good place for sure. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Haha 1

EDIT: Found some audience polling from Deadline. 

Forty-three percent went to Joker 2 because of Phoenix, 39% went because of Gaga, 39% also went because it was part of a franchise they love, 23% said it looked fun and entertaining, while only 7% –not that many– heard it was “good.”

Edited by Rusty

14 hours ago, NoobSaibot said:

Crazy how at the beginning of the year there were people who believed Joker 2 would hit $1 billion WW. I thought it would happen too.

I don't know why people thought that when the hype wasn't even huge on social media..

20 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

11+
6+ // 37.25-37.5

LOL , Warner has way overestimated the movie , around -6% vs estimations which is a lot ( the norm is around 2-3% max). Around 45% drop for Sunday 😬. Depending of actuals , TWR Sunday is around the same as Joker 2.