ZeeSoh

Joker: Folie à Deux Weekend Thread

3 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Well someone had to appeal to fans of the first since Todd Phillips clearly didn't.

Alright Rodney Dangerfield, you got a whole weekend. Can’t use up all that A-grade material.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Not really. 

Mario is mid at best, D&W is mediocre, Inside Out 2 is just ok, No Way Home is awful. 

Top Gun, Barbie, Avatar 2 and Oppenheimer all great tho. 

Dungeons and Dragons flopped hard and it was pretty good. Same for Furiosa.

Don’t see much co-relation between quality = success.

No Way Home is better then D&W, NWH has actual character arcs in it

I enjoyed Fall Guy as well. That flopped despite having a good cast. 

On Joker, its stupidity on the part of WB to push Todd to make a sequel and then make something that pissed off even the folks who enjoyed the 1st movie. It would be funny to see it lose money as they had no business spending 200m on this. There was no CGI scenes or huge action sequences that required a big budget. 

• Like 1

Not really. 

Mario is mid at best, D&W is mediocre, Inside Out 2 is just ok, No Way Home is awful. 

Critics were still pretty positive on those 1st 4, except Mario. So 3. And audiences loved them.

I don't think the question was if YOU thought they were good.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, justnumbers said:

I don't think the question was if YOU thought they were good.

Well i can’t talk for others, can i? 

I don’t believe in “objectively good movies”, it’s all subjective.

And i gave exemples of movies that also was well received by critics and audiences and yet they flopped.

13 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Not really. 

This is all subjective lmao. You might dislike inside out 2, Deadpool 3, and NWH but the audience absolutely loved them. 

audience perceived quality absolutely equals success 

Edited by TheFlatLannister
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

audience perceived quality absolutely equals success 

Well if subjective opinions doesn’t count, then there’s nothing recent about this question.

Iirc The Lion King remake, Jurassic World Dominion, Transformers 4, The Hobbit etc all have very solid audience reception. 

If it’s a broad objective question, than basically all movies that grossed a billion was quality movies back than and still are.

• Like 1

Well if subjective opinions doesn’t count, then there’s nothing recent about this question.

Iirc The Lion King remake, Jurassic World Dominion, Transformers 4, The Hobbit etc all have very solid audience reception. 

If it’s a broad objective question, than basically all movies that grossed a billion was quality movies back than and still are.

You can also look at audience scores and such and legs of a movie to determine reaction as well.

I can give an example of a movie that was a smash hit but got poor legs and poor audience scores but Eric likely get triggered so I wont mentioned it XD 

Edited by Torontofan

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Transformers 4 does not have solid audience reception. It's IMDB and RT scores from audiences are quite low. Contrast with something like Mario or Inside Out 2 which have high audience scores.

Just now, keysersoze123 said:

How low can Joker go. Can it miss 35m OW. Definitely wont even hit 60m domestic if it misses 35m OW. I want a glorious spectacular crash like never before seen. 

Are we sure this has a chance of a ~5x IM? That would be historic, but tbf so are the posttrak and rt audience scores.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MightyDargon said:

Transformers 4 does not have solid audience reception. It's IMDB and RT scores from audiences are quite low. Contrast with something like Mario or Inside Out 2 which have high audience scores.

TF was always bullied online, but it have solid CS and box office performances for 4 movies straight. I’m inclined to think they’re closer to being perceived as quality movies for the GA. If they make a requel with the original cast back, i bet it would be a huge success.

Kinda like The Lion King, people online hated it and yet it did had good legs and all.