Eric is Gay for Venom

VENOM: THE LAST DANCE WEEKEND THREAD

25 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

Speaking of Sony's big franchises and since the Rock has been mentioned earlier with Black Adam's opening... how on earth have they not made another Jumanji movie already?

Scheduling probably, I can't think of why else they wouldn't make another 

47 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

So Spider-man is Sony's biggest franchise.

Marvel Studio's is never getting the rights back.

Worst deal in movie history. Marvel should've put a twelve year cap on Sony's Spider-man movies rights.

At least we got the Spider-verse movies. 

Did it really matter though. Spider-Man has appeared in 6 MCU movies so far and is set to appear in at least 3 more. In the end Spiderman is likely to appear in at least 9-12 MCU movies. Probably would have appeared in the same amount of movies had Marvel owned the rights. 

As for the money side, sure Disney loses out on the full box office profit from the movies but they have rights to merchs which bring in even more money so I don’t think they are too unhappy about it. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, WorkingonaName said:

Under Black adam, Rock superiority yet again confirmed.

This is another evidence of how much star power The Rock holds because how else did Black Adam open so high lmao. The character is more like Blue Beetle or Shazam in terms of popularity. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

Black Adam's OW keeps getting better by every CBM that opens.

I posted this on the Venom topic.

I know people love mocking Black Adam because of The Rock's ego but of the last 9 DCEU film released, Adam made the most DOM out of all of them and was the 2nd highest WW after Aquaman 2.

Should have done a Black Adam vs Superman film or something just to give closure to Cavill's Superman. Make it elsewords or something. Instead the last time we see Cavill in a CBM is as a cameo joke in Deadpool.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

Speaking of Sony's big franchises and since the Rock has been mentioned earlier with Black Adam's opening... how on earth have they not made another Jumanji movie already?

I thought it was in the works? It's been years since that was announced though. Disney's Jungle Cruise was also supposed to get a sequel but now he's in the Moana live action and there's no news about the former. 

1 minute ago, Mojoguy said:

I know people love mocking Black Adam because of The Rock's ego but of the last 9 DCEU film released, Adam made the most DOM out of all of them and was the 2nd highest WW after Aquaman 2.

Should have done a Black Adam vs Superman film or something just to give closure to Cavill's Superman. Make it elsewords or something. Instead the last time we see Cavill in a CBM is as a cameo joke in Deadpool.

Black Adam vs Superman movie would have been another money loser tbh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toutvabien said:

I've really wondered about this. The first sequel turned around in two years at probably the height of The Rocks popularity. He had multiple projects happening each year and they found a way to get it done.

The pandemic is a huge factor obviously, but you'd think that Sony would have been trying to fast track this. Especially since there's been some big gaps in his calendar. Red One is his first major release since Black Adam two years ago (excluding his Fast X cameo).

My guess though is that The Rock has just become increasingly demanding on projects. Reports of his behaviour on Red One are already infamous. His salary demands are usually sky high, and often require production credits and brings a lot of drama behind the scenes.

Sony, who is notoriously stingy, probably wasn't willing to give him blank check treatment which he was getting from the tech streamers.

And the fact that it isn't just The Rock they're negotiating with. Everyone probably is negotiating raises. Especially if The Rock has big demands.

And you're probably at the point where the expectation of success is probably diminishing each year. If you rushed something into production right now, you'd be looking at a 2026 release, seven years since the last one. That's a big gap for a family friendly franchise.

From Sony's perspective, rather than rush out a stale and potentially bad sequel at an inflated budget, they could try wait a few years and try and reboot with a new cast and concept.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

The only way to have a Black Adam vs Superman movie would have been to have Black Adam be a clear villain and I have my doubts that would have ever happened. And The Rock would have to lose a fight as well. In the Black Adam movie, the character literally never loses a fight, even him being captured is basically him turning himself in and saying "you know you can't beat me". It's hilarious to see when you know about the "fight points" nonsense some actors have going on. 

That's kind of where I give Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt credit, both of them have zero issue looking weak on screen. Even Arnold and Stallone were open to being beat up. In T2, Arnold barely survives to the end after losing every single fight with the T-1000.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, toutvabien said:

Sony was cursed that they can only release Jumanji movies when a Star Wars movie comes out in December, and Disney is trying to not make any Star Wars movies anymore 

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Honestly, I think people give The Rock too much credit for Black Adam. When Black Adam was released, the situation for superhero movies wasn't so dire.