Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

At this point, I’d like to think that Disney’s insistence on putting this in theaters really is because they think it’s a modern day masterpiece that’ll be sure to rake in the big bucks. Yes, I know that’s extremely unlikely, but a guy can dream. 

10 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

At this point, I’d like to think that Disney’s insistence on putting this in theaters really is because they think it’s a modern day masterpiece that’ll be sure to rake in the big bucks. Yes, I know that’s extremely unlikely, but a guy can dream. 

I can't see this movie being any better or worse than just being inoffensive. Josh Boone's not exactly an interesting film-maker.

1 minute ago, TMP said:

I can't see this movie being any better or worse than just being inoffensive. Josh Boone's not exactly an interesting film-maker.

Yeah, it’s probably going to just be a run of the mill studio horror movie. I was interested in it back in 2017, but I couldn’t care less for it at this point, 

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

i will say that i'm happy they've finally broken out from behind that wall. progress is being made. good sign.

More character development in these posters than in the actual movie.

Based on this new release date, it's safe to say the country and the world is heading for another surge in covid cases in late July and early August that will cause everything to be shut down again.

Don't let your mothers and grandmas go outside after July 15th.

Thanks for the warning, New Mutants!

• Like 2

Back in February, Hasbro announced that this fall they're finally making a ton of Marvel Legends figures from the various X-Men movies:

https://thefwoosh.com/2018/02/marvel-legends-6-shopping-list-round-up/

You have to scroll down a little bit to where it says

"X-Men (Fox MCU) 20th Anniversary + Comics sets (September 2020)" to see the pics

-Negasonic Teenage Warhead!!!

-They've got a Magneto/Xavier 2-pack with swap-out heads for both sets of actors.

-Cable from the Deadpool 2 movie comes with a teddy bear on his waist!

-plus I believe more were due to be announced in a month or two (probably at SDCC, so who knows when and where now), presumably main characters similar to the Funko character selection above

20 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Now Disney is talking about a limited release.

IE, Open for a few days in a couple of major cities, then direct to VOD. Probably to fullfill a contractual obligation for a theatritcal release.

Disney gunning for that record PTA

22 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Now Disney is talking about a limited release.

IE, Open for a few days in a couple of major cities, then direct to VOD. Probably to fullfill a contractual obligation for a theatritcal release.

Source?

• Like 1