Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

1 hour ago, TMP said:

Coming to Disney+ September 4

They needed something big once they delayed the Marvel series...I guess this is it...not sure it's an even swap, but at least I have something new for my membership.

For "free", I'll probably watch this...

EDIT: And now I see Disney is claiming this is fake for now...well, I still stand by my 1st 2 points...Disney+ needs something for all the yearlong subscriptions ending between August and November (mine is November, and if those Marvel shows keep slipping, with no new supers material, I'll be dropping:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits

I looked at all the stuff I could find and there is definitely footage in that spot that is not in previously released trailers or spots. Some of the ones that are in are also changed from previous cuts of the footage.

It's possible I could have missed something but for now I'm saying it's damage control and someone in Oz pulled a trigger a few days too early.

Edited by SpiderByte

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

I looked at all the stuff I could find and there is definitely footage in that spot that is not in previously released trailers or spots. Some of the ones that are in are also changed from previous cuts of the footage.

It's possible I could have missed something but for now I'm saying it's damage control and someone in Oz pulled a trigger a few days too early.

Others elsewhere have noted it has new footage. Clearly, this is an Australian spot that got out a couple days early. I'm calling Disney out on their BS.

Well, I guess we can look forward to seeing The New Mutants on Disney+

It also has bigger implications for Disney+and even Hulu as a whole: Either Disney bought out the Fox contract with HBO, or theyve found a way around it so they can release them straight to streaming. I'd expect a whole bunch of stuff (Antlers, French Dispatch, Death on the Nile) to jump to streaming in the next few months.

5 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

May explain why Spies in Disguise hasn't shown up on HBO yet. It's not even listed in HBO's upcoming August titles.

It also may explain why a bunch of X-Men titles (both old and more recent) have started moving onto Disney+ recently.

And to go more in specifics, some people are complaining about the white text on blue background slides, but.....Disney Plus has done that in several ads, like this one - namely for Twitter spots and TV.

Not only that this "leaked" TV spot has Disney Plus's logo in the bottom right, just like other Disney Plus ads.

The only thing that throws it off is the M rating in the lower left at the start of the trailer, but it's the Australian version as it's been said before. Just need to see what a normal Australian Disney Plus ad looks like.

At this point, I just want the damn thing released and be done with it. I've went through three jobs already since that first teaser.

Edited by Yandereprime101189

3 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

It also has bigger implications for Disney+and even Hulu as a whole: Either Disney bought out the Fox contract with HBO, or theyve found a way around it so they can release them straight to streaming. I'd expect a whole bunch of stuff (Antlers, French Dispatch, Death on the Nile) to jump to streaming in the next few months.

3 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

May explain why Spies in Disguise hasn't shown up on HBO yet. It's not even listed in HBO's upcoming August titles.

• Thanks 1