Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

21 minutes ago, AJG said:

its been a month since the intended release. This might be a scheduled posting.

There's nothing for Mulan or any other film that got delayed though.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

It’s vanished, probably preemptively pushing it back again.

No they probably removed it because they likely weren't supposed to put it on for pre-ordering before Disney's announcement. It'll reappear once Disney announces it tomm.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TMP said:

Release this theatrically a week before TENET. Be the film that ushers people back into the cineplex.

I just dont see anyone risking it all just to watch New Mutants.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, AJG said:

There isn’t. Fox movies that get released into cinemas go to HBO. If this skips cinemas, it skips HBO.
It’s why studios can get movies straight to Netflix, bypassing their initial cable/streaming deal.

So they could put it straight to Disney+ then if they wanted to?

20 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Was there a rental option, or just buying it outright? I'd actually rent this for a reasonable fee.

It’s still up on Amazon UK. It appears to be for sale. The price is much more reasonable over here, £13.99 to buy and £9.99 for SD version.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

It’s still up on Amazon UK. It appears to be for sale. The price is much more reasonable over here, £13.99 to buy and £9.99 for SD version.

Which is regular VOD pricing...which makes one think the UK pre order is the usual sort of 'up for pre order as soon as it's in cinemas' as opposed to a genuine hint to PVOD like the US listing.

Edited by antovolk

Disney Earning Call time. Still no hint of a VOD release of this.

EDIT: they announced a bunch of ESPN stuff. Mentioned some movie titles, and skipped right to Disney Plus.

EDIT: The more i listened to the call, the more i started to think that Disney have no idea they're sitting on a whole completed Marvel film.

Edited by AJG
  • Haha 1