Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I don't know, but he kept giving info about the movie, to the point of saying last month that they would change almost everything. Now we get another delay.

I really don't want to believe, but he seems pretty much spot on so far He also said Josh Boone has got the boot. 

You could almost say he got Bootned

raw

• Astonished 1

That new date reeks of a dump. The tailend of August doesn't exactly have a good track record at the box office. But if it's a dump, why the hell are they waiting so long? Why not just get it over with? From the trailer we got, to these release dates, to greenlighting this concept in the first place - this whole film is just odd all around. 

"The reshoots that the studio wants are now even more significant. We’re hearing that at least 50% of the movie may be reshot, and they’re adding one or two new characters who will be present throughout the entirety of the film—this isn’t simply adding a cameo. Moreover, Boone has been having some creative differences with the studio over the requested changes to the movie, so the reasons for the New Mutants delay are more complex than why Dark Phoenix is being pushed."

http://collider.com/x-men-dark-phoenix-new-mutants-release-date-delay-explained/?

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Durden said:

creative differences

The house is on fire, 8% on RT, rental homes destroyed, pack it up everybody, we're done here.

I'm kidding.

But let's be honest.

Edited by Morieris
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I wouldn't be shocked to see Boone not end up the credited director at the end of the day.

Boone gets fired. Trank gets hired to direct the new stuff. movie is a hit and wins best picture the redemption arc we all need.

• Haha 5
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

Seriously, what studio has ever benefitted from arguing with the director over creative differences? It almost always ends in disaster. Let the man make his movie and, if it’s good, audiences will react positively. People do like well made films, they don’t need shoehorned-in franchise crap.

And this is an X-Men horror film... clearly playing it safe isn’t the endgoal.

53 minutes ago, Durden said:

"The reshoots that the studio wants are now even more significant. We’re hearing that at least 50% of the movie may be reshot, and they’re adding one or two new characters who will be present throughout the entirety of the film—this isn’t simply adding a cameo. Moreover, Boone has been having some creative differences with the studio over the requested changes to the movie, so the reasons for the New Mutants delay are more complex than why Dark Phoenix is being pushed."

http://collider.com/x-men-dark-phoenix-new-mutants-release-date-delay-explained/?

All pretty believable. 

On the plus side, if they actually go through with these extensive "reshoots", that's a sign that they really think the movie can be a hit, right?

I mean, if it's just so-so or average, they could just put it out right now, as is. But if they're going to change all this, at least they're swinging for the fences.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2017 at 8:25 PM, That One Guy said:

also this is not a Fant4stic as this does not have a large budget, was not made to retain rights to a franchise, is not a clash of different visions, and to the best of my knowledge won't have much studio interference.  people seem to have forgotten that the main reason why Fant4stic was so awful was because of the behind the scenes drama that resulted in a complete mess of a film.  this was made under completely different circumstances, best to at least give it the benefit of the doubt.

lol whoops

• Haha 3

Me in December 2017: “hey Mom there’s this film that sounds really neat, it’s a superhero horror film and I think it might be fun for us to see.

mom: “that sounds interesting!  i wanna see that.  when does it come out?”

me: “April 2018”

me in March 2018: “uhhh yeah hey Mom about that”

• Haha 2