Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Me in December 2017: “hey Mom there’s this film that sounds really neat, it’s a superhero horror film and I think it might be fun for us to see.

mom: “that sounds interesting!  i wanna see that.  when does it come out?”

me: “April 2018”

me in March 2018: “uhhh yeah hey Mom about that”

This is what you get for stanning for comic book movies. 

The bad trailer always had me leery. It looked like one of the most generic "horror" movies that I have ever seen. If you are going to make a horror film that you want to be a blockbuster you better come with Conjuring and IT level trailers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrGamer said:

This is what you get for stanning for comic book movies. 

only stan for the good CBM’s.  like this.  and Valerian.  and Atomic Blonde.  i am also a very adamant anti-stan of Thor Ragnarok and Infinity War.

it’s not a perfect track record.

• Sad 1

Not even Fantastic Four was delayed for that much time. Not a good sign at all.

Anyway, this is the second movie directed by a guy called Josh, that has serious problems behind the scenes. Fox should stop hiring directors called Josh.

Someone said Josh Boone started following Josh Trank on instagram, when the news about the delay started appearing online.

13 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Anyway, this is the second movie directed by a guy called Josh, that has serious problems behind the scenes. Fox should stop hiring directors called Josh.

They might want to re-examine their hiring practices with Simons as well.  At least with a particular Simon.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Not even Fantastic Four was delayed for that much time. Not a good sign at all.

Someone said Josh Boone started following Josh Trank on instagram, when the news about the delay started appearing online.

Those Josh's delivered critical and commercial successes for them only to be fucked over real bad on their big CBM gig. This Josh is handling it a little more professionally though. But yeah I think any Josh should refuse to work on a fox CBM as fox is making it a habit of screwing them up. 

And I was the one who said both Josh's followed each other on Instagram after it was pushed to February 2019. Hell, they were Twitter buddies in June 2015, but Boone unfollowed him after fant4stic was out. Lmao. I guess now they are buddies.

I actually followed their Twitter and Instagram back in 2015 when it was announced that Boone is going to do a xmen film. I was like this is going to be interesting...another Josh..what if this turns out like fant4stic? That would be hilarious...Jesus turns out just that.

Frankly, the main problem is Simon with both or maybe all 3 films. He is beloved in Hollywood because he has great interpersonal skills and a cheerleader. That infectious attitude is the reason why some big names are willing to work on movies written or produced by him. But holy shit he is bad at his craft. The films that turned out great were those in which the script was already amazing  or an experienced director with the help of some friends was doing the heavy lifting by fixing things constantly on set. 

Fox doesn't has anyone else so they keep giving him these projects. Do you know Olivia Munn schooled him on her character for xmen apocalypse? Guy claims to be a fan of xmen, but it's on a very superficial level.

Edited by marveldcfox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

The bad trailer always had me leery. It looked like one of the most generic "horror" movies that I have ever seen. If you are going to make a horror film that you want to be a blockbuster you better come with Conjuring and IT level trailers.

They also came with an R rating.

2 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

This. I was really surprised people said it was “subverting” the genre. It just looked like a plain horror film. If they took out the Marvel logo I’d imagine most people would’ve just ignored its existence.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

This is bonkers. Hopefully they turn it into a R movie. The actual form of the movie right now might not even be watchable tbh.

I honestly won't be surprised if nothing from the first trailer released last fall (when it was going to be an April '18 release) ends up in the final movie at this point.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, That One Guy said:

only stan for the good CBM’s.  like this.  and Valerian.  and Atomic Blonde.  i am also a very adamant anti-stan of Thor Ragnarok and Infinity War.

it’s not a perfect track record.

Atomic Blonde was a CBM?

37 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Atomic Blonde was a CBM?

I think when people say CBM, 90% of the time they mean to say "Superhero Comic Book Movies".

Non superhero comic book movies are a different genre..or genres, really.

"The Death Of Stalin" was based on a graphic novel, for instance.

Trying to make a big thing about two directors of troubled projects having the same first name is just plain silly, frankly.

But, yeah, somebody at Fox has really poor judgement when it comes to choosing directors.

Marvel seems to  have success with choosing unlikely directors for CBM's; but Fox seems to really suck at it.

Fox is going to spend as little as possible on this from now on: don't waste money in trying to save it;just figure out how big a tax write off you can get for it.

Edited by dudalb