Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

obviously the insider from other forum 100% legit.

the collider tea is pretty much what the insider said since the delay.

(he actually was first one with delay news.)

only difference is that insider said the movie was trash, didn't tested well, real bad.

and fox plant lies that movie is fine but just want more for fans.

10 hours ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

The Peanuts Movie's teaser came out in March 2014 and its film release was Nov 2015

I heard Where the Wild Things Are had a teaser with the 2000 Grinch movie but didn't come out til 2009. I think that's the longest.

Gi Joe 2 had a SuperBowl Trailer and then got delayed a year. 

• Thanks 1

I mean reshoots are a normal part of the film making process and they should never be an alarm going off that a movie isn't doing well. But I always caution people that it's the type of reshoots. A week of reshoots after a test screening is pretty normal. The studio adds things that they thought went well and removes things they thought didn't. They then usually have another test screening to see how the changes went. 

But a movie that's having 50% of it reshot and adding new characters to the plot is not a movie that I'd put in the "it tested well but wants to add things that audiences liked" boat. I think I'd put Dark Phoenix in that boat but New Mutants? Yea no. A movie that tested well doesn't need half of it to be reshot with incorporation of new characters. They're basically creating a new movie at this point. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, AJG said:

So can we discuss whose being added to the movie or is that all spoilers?

We could speculate. Or do you know something we don't? It could always be put in spoiler tags if you aren't sure I think?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

We could speculate. Or do you know something we don't? It could always be put in spoiler tags if you aren't sure I think?

Some guy on SuoerHeroHype has been leaking everything about this movie before the news drops.

This prophet tells us that there were 2 new characters being added but now there's only one because an actress refuses to shoot her scenes due to beef with the cast.

Edited by AJG
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 2

13 minutes ago, AJG said:

Some guy on SuoerHeroHype has been leaking everything about this movie before the news drops.

Hide contents

This prophet tells us that there were 2 new characters being added but now there's only one because an actress refuses to shoot her scenes due to beef with the cast.

I went back and read some of that thread and damn the dude literally drops the info several days before news is broken. I don't know how legit he is though....claims to be working on the film but is a little person. 

Latest info from the Prophet

So many moving parts it's hard to keep track of what's going on at this point. So many changes being made/ideas purposed.  Production is still moving forward,  but I'm hearing a wide variety of rumors from different people regarding the future of the movie. On top of everything else, things have been far more complicated ever since the mouse entered the house. (Not in any "official" capacity of course) 

Whatever you may think about my bias against JB effecting my opinion of his cut, the simple fact that this thing has been "delayed" till August 2019 should give you a general idea of how well the culmination of his "genius vision" was recieved. Everyone involved breathed a sigh of relief when he was "removed".

I will say this though,  JB is not solely responsible for this debacle. The execs that bought into his vision for the New Mutants, even after seeing raw footage, scripts, etc, and being repeatedly warned by certain people that this wasn't going to work, should also share the blame.

I've said it elsewhere and I'll say it again here, Sophie Turner and Maisie Williams are terrible actresses coasting off of good writing for the early part of their first big roles. Eventually as they are in more and more high profile movies, perception of them will go the way of Emilia Clarke, where people realize oh....there's not much there at all. People have blinders on due to Game of Thrones and those blinders will be gone by the end of 201.

What I'm saying here is I wouldn't be surprised if Maisie and Sophie performances are playing large roles in delaying these movies.

• Like 2