Shawn Robbins

May 4, 2012 Weekend (AVENGERS Opening Discussion): ACTUAL 207.4 mill!!!!

It is nowhere near as relevant as HP today. And I dare you to disagree with that!

Obviously it isn't, because nothing tops Potter as a worldwide phenomenon (the books + films doing what they did in fifteen years). Plus, Potter had the biggest influence on our generation. The Hobbit comes from a very different era, but its wide appeal is not to be doubted.

It is nowhere near as relevant as HP today. And I dare you to disagree with that!

You have some good points but saying LOTR series is dimly remembered is not one of them. Everyone I know still remembers the LOTR films. Not as relevant as HP? HP had its last movie come out last year so of course it is in peoples minds

TA is a good film but it is just excellent dumb fun.

I thought the film was great fun but i kind of get what you and Noctis mean. TA reminded me of a bigger and better made Iron Man film, the same light hearted tone but not much substance, just better made.I'm not hating on the film at all, its the best superhero film i have seen in a few years, i just don't think its very deep.
  • Like 1

Such a stupid fucking post from an airhead. Star Wars tops everything HP.

Star Wars doesn't top Potter as a worldwide phenomenon. The books and films doing what they did in fifteen years far surpasses what Star Wars did in that time frame. Plus, Potter got a ton of kids into reading. That in itself is a phenomenon.

Fucking airhead. ;)

So a 192M gap between #1 and #2. lol

Bigger than any other OW... But, this weekend was kinda pathetic, grossed only 40 something million if u take out the avengers.