Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

22 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

how much is Weathering With You's 2nd weekend?

I don't really know. I'm just throwing out a rough guess that it's around 950 million yen. Because it dropped lower than Corpse expected.

I could give a more accurate rough guess by totaling up the tickets from the sampled theaters and dividing by the proportion they represent.

But we won't know the exact figure until Corpse reports back on Wednesday or Thursday. Because he subscribes to a publication that gives the numbers.

Edited by cannastop
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I don't really know. I'm just throwing out a rough guess that it's around 950 million yen. Because it dropped lower than Corpse expected.

I could give a more accurate rough guess by totaling up the tickets from the sampled theaters and dividing by the proportion they represent.

But we won't know the exact figure until Corpse reports back on Wednesday or Thursday. Because he subscribes to a publication that gives the numbers.

Eiga will publish actuals either tomorrow or tuesday. So we should know before corpse is online.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Omni said:

I'm more interested in Aladdin's drop.

From Mimorin it seems that it dropped a bit above 30% Sat and Sun; so probably around that for the WE too.

If that comes true at last it'd have a better drop than the WE before. According to InsideKino it was -2%, -9%, -12%, -20%, -30%, -41% (and now probably around -32%).

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Oh really? I thought actuals weren't publicly available.

I believe Eiga releases a report with weekend actuals for the Top 3. Additionally, some of the other prominent Top 10 (usually strong holdovers or new releases) might get cumulative attendance and/or gross figures reported. It's not as detailed as Corpse's update with weekend actuals for all of the Top 10.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, a2k said:

TS3's 6th weekend (also late July) was 8.9m and it added 35.5 more to it's cume.

TS4's 6th weekend is 9.9m. Same legs as TS3 give it 39.5 more.

Adding 50 is very unlikely imo.  35-40 more for 430-435 finish is amazing and beats most expectations.

430-435 would be a 3.55-3.6x multi compared to TS3's 3.77x.

Considering we are in heavy previews era and it's a sequel to TS3 that's the best one could have expected.

Wrong thread?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

I kind of have a feeling that's a stretch, with One Piece and The Lion King coming soon.

I still believe in $100m (which means another $50m). Weekdays will be strong. But, it needs to stabilize like, now. It cannot afford another big drop this weekend. It has to make as much as possible, as close to $100m as possible before One Piece and TLK arrive.