Corpse

JAPAN BOX OFFICE | Demon Slayer breaks all time record for OW

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Dragon Quest is a wildly popular video game series of course. By revenue, it matches Miyazaki.

Also aren't they making a CGI Lupin III movie eventually?

Yeah, it's coming out in December. It seems to be a trend lately in Japan. The latest Pokemon movie (remake of Mewtwo Strikes Back) was also the first to be entirely CGI. 

17 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Kind of disappoints me that Japan is starting to get onto the CGI train, as they were holding out for a long time.

I think Miyazaki said something about the Japanese creative mind not being suited for 3D animation.

Yeah, the new CGI films lack the beauty and charm of the traditional 2D films. CGI has worked well for Western animation, but I don't think it's a good fit for anime properties. 

2 minutes ago, Omni said:

With One Piece and Lion King opening next weekend, I'm not sure it can actually pass the 100M mark.

It think it will just crape by but it might as well miss it :( 

Think corpse it to optimistic with his $110m. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Omni said:

With One Piece and Lion King opening next weekend, I'm not sure it can actually pass the 100M mark.

I still think it will. Weekends look weak, but weekdays are strong. If it drops too big next week, then I will be worried. Although, Obon holidays can really help.

1 minute ago, catlover said:

I still think it will. Weekends look weak, but weekdays are strong. If it drops too big next week, then I will be worried. Although, Obon holidays can really help.

Yeah weekdays where super I thought. Corpse said last weeks weekdays did 8m (equal to it's 7.9m weekend) and this week it was down 3% during midweek. (Because of the thursday increase of 44% over last week. 

16 hours ago, cannastop said:

Kind of disappoints me that Japan is starting to get onto the CGI train, as they were holding out for a long time.

I think Miyazaki said something about the Japanese creative mind not being suited for 3D animation.

the 3D CGI in the lupin movie looks pretty good though, it's like a pixar movie with anime-style feel to it. I think it's nice that Japan is starting to make more movies like this. maybe eventually we'll get good looking non-kids 3D CGI movies?

• Astonished 1

6 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

This weekend isn't doing very good for all the holdovers

WwY dropped about 29%(best hold among top 10)

TS4 - 33%

Actual number may vary as usual. 

Well both of those movies did better last week than Corpse predicted.

Also there's still Obon.