Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

11 hours ago, Hiccup21 said:

Trailer View Count - 11 hours since launch

Facebook- 65.5million views

Youtube Sites

Warner Brothers - 6.6 million

Kino-Check International- 2.0 million

MovieClip Trailers- 765k

Entertainment Access- 382k

New Trailer Buzz- 347k

FilmSelect Trailer- 393k

One Media- 270K

IGN- 213K

Twitter- 113k likes and 91k retweets

Trailer View Count - 24 hours since launch

Facebook- 85.3 million views (+19.8 million) 

Youtube Sites

Warner Brothers - 10.4 million (+3.8 million)

Kino-Check International- 3.9 million (+1.9 million)

MovieClip Trailers- 978k (+213k)

Entertainment Access- 971k (+589k)

New Trailer Buzz- 517k (+170k)

FilmSelect Trailer- 692k (+299k)

One Media- 433K (+163k)

IGN- 328K (+115k)

Twitter- 137k likes and 108k retweets

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hiccup21 said:

Trailer View Count - 24 hours since launch

Facebook- 85.3 million views (+19.8 million) 

Youtube Sites

Warner Brothers - 10.4 million (+3.8 million)

Kino-Check International- 3.9 million (+1.9 million)

MovieClip Trailers- 978k (+213k)

Entertainment Access- 971k (+589k)

New Trailer Buzz- 517k (+170k)

FilmSelect Trailer- 692k (+299k)

One Media- 433K (+163k)

IGN- 328K (+115k)

Twitter- 137k likes and 108k retweets

That's like 103.5million views in 24 hours alone! Wasn't BatB at like 129 million after 24 hours?

I dunno that sounds impressive to me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

That's like 103.5million views in 24 hours alone! Wasn't BatB at like 129 million after 24 hours?

Could you imagine if It did $100m OW? Think it would break the forum! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Could you imagine if It did $100m OW? Think it would break the forum! 

Well, if trailer views-to-opening-weekend-ratio is the same for It than it was for BatB we'd be looking at 140M opening :ph34r:

only joking of course. I could see 50M, but I'd be happy with 40

• Like 1

Just now, DAJK said:

Well, if trailer views-to-opening-weekend-ratio is the same for It than it was for BatB we'd be looking at 140M opening :ph34r:

Hide contents

only joking of course. I could see 50M, but I'd be happy with 40

I was orginally thinking $30-35m but $40-45m seems plausible, even $50m would be brilliant and a record breaker to boot.

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

It is very good.

When you compare it to other horror films on the Warner Brothers Youtube Channel 

1. Annabelle- 26.5m views

2. Conjuring 2 (Teaser) - 23.5m views

3. The Conjuring - 22.7m views

4. Conjuring 2 (Main) - 20.2m views

5. Lights Out- 16.8m views

6. It - 10.4m views (24 hours and counting)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, baumer said:

The thing about IT that separates it (IMO) from so many other stories, especially horror is that King has the horror second to the characters.  These seven kids are all misfits in some way and they go through the pressure and trials and tribulations of growing up and being looked down on by some of the bullies in school.  King doesn't miss a beat with any of them.  They are all richly drawn out and one of the reasons the book is so good is because you feel like you get to know Rich, Ben, Bev, Mike, Stan, Bill and Eddie.  He even gives the secondary characters lots of depth.  And just when you think he has given you everything that you need, stories have back stories.  The Black Spot, the stories about the Clown and so on (I'm treading carefully here....I don't want to make this spoiler territory for those who have never read the book or seen the TV movie).  King even has some not so subtle winks in the book to some of his other works.....and if they were to stay completely faithful to the story and the winks showed up in the film, it will bring the house down.  King is good at that.  

For example, and this has nothing to do with IT, but for example, Sheriff Bannerman is the sheriff of Castle Rock but he gets killed by Cujo and then when Needful Things comes around, the new sheriff is Alan Pangburn, and he got the job because of the Cujo fiasco.  Another one is that Ace Merril shows up in Needful Things.  He's the character played by Kiefer Sutherland in Stand By Me.  Shawshank Prison is mentioned countless times in Kings novels.  And then finally in 11/22/63.....the novel written a few years ago, when the main character goes back in time to stop the Kennedy assassination, he can only go back to Derry (the city in IT) in 1958...which is the year that IT mainly takes place in for the kids.

The point is King is good at all this and it's one of a litany of reasons why it's so hard to bring King's written work to life.  It's just so detailed and catalogued and full of history.  IMO, Stand By Me and Shawshank Redemption are the two best adaptations and they are done by pretty good directors, and hopefully Muschietti is up to the task.

I think the horror is obviously going to be front and centre with the film, it has to be.  But a very close second will be the development of the characters.  It's what breathes life into the book.  This is not some generic horror film with cookie cutter characters just waiting to show their tits and then get decapitated on skewered.  And the changes they wanted to make when the previous director was on board would have been disasterous and it would have pissed the hardcores, like me, off pretty severely.  Bill Denbrough was going to be changed to Willy.  Fucking stupid......now this director ha kept the original names.....stuff like this gives me confidence that they know what they are doing.  They are also making the first film all about the kids.....June 1958 in Derry...another smart move.  The adult stuff is good, in fact it's very good, but the stuff in their youth and how they all meet and for the Losers and take the oath and so on, that's the meat and potatoes of the story, imo.

If you liked the movie Stand By Me, probably one of the reasons you did is because the four kids were developed so well.  It obviously helped that they were played by two of the best kid actors of all time (imo) in Phoenix and Feldman.  Now, if they can capture the same kind of lightning in a bottle that they did with SBM, then this is going to be one hell of a ride. 

IT is my favourite book.  I've mentioned that before.  But it got inside of me so much that I refused to see the TV movie for about 5 years.  I just couldn't picture Jack Tripper playing Ben Hanscomb or John Boy playing Bill Denbrough.  For years I heard people tell me how good the TV movie was but i had the images in my head as to how they looked and behaved.  And when I finally succumbed to my own insatiable curiosity, the movie was good......not great and it certainly didn't affect me the way it did with a lot of other people, but I thought it was good but just missing something.  This time around, with an R rating and a two part film, I think they are going to get it right.  This is my most anticipated film of the year....even more than The Last Jedi.  This is what I have been silently asking for for years......a (hopefully) faithful adaption of my favourite book of all time.  

I hope they don't let me down.  And I don't think they will. 

Amen my brother from another mother... Great post

• Like 4

Never underestimate the amount of people that hate / afraid of clowns and wants their revenge :P
I loved as a kid the 1990 mini-series (the first part with the kids was the best imo), and this remake looks very good so far.

Edited by Ohana
Correction

I think it looks good. Not great but good.

I am slightly worried about the reasons former director Cary Fukunaga gives as to why he left the project:

"In the first movie, what I was trying to do was an elevated horror film with actual characters. They didn’t want any characters. They wanted archetypes and scares. I wrote the script. They wanted me to make a much more inoffensive, conventional script. But I don’t think you can do proper Stephen King and make it inoffensive."

Edited by The Stingray
  • Like 2

I like a September date for this, idk. I'm not a huge horror fan but I like horror movies in the fall. Halloween, the leaves and weather changing....it just feels right. Ideally this and Kingsman would switch spots. Really ideally, Kingsman would move to August, Annabelle would move here, and It would take Sept 29th where Kingsman is, closer to Halloween.

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

i don't see why this would move. there's probably gonna be some shifting but right now there's like nothing interesting or anything that seems like it'll make a dent for like 3 weeks before and after this opens.

If it's anything like it was with the Batman movie people are probably predicting like 150 mill OW for that Ninjango movie by now for no reason whatsoever.