Neo

It | Sept. 8, 2017 | Warner Brothers | Andy Muschietti directing. Trailer on Page 12 NO SPOILER DISCUSSION. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes

55 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

But I don't think they are rivaling CBMs.

I check the 7:00 showing at the Dolby theater I'm see it in and for Thurs, Fri and Saturday there are about 20 tickets sold for each night.

There is more hype for this outside of the typical Horror fans but the huge predictions over 80 million are crazy.

That's fair, but an individual theater mileage may vary of course.  AMC Empire has 124 sold for Dolby 7pm at $23.29 each already.  They have 13 separate IT preview showings Sept 7 after adding a few more today.  Doesn't mean they will fill up of course.  

To me we have to wait till the day of to see. I really do think that this will be the type of movie people will go see at the last minute with friends due to the hype. It's not something that people are going to think about pre-ordering their tickets for, unless of course you are one of the fans.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, K1stpierre said:

To me we have to wait till the day of to see. I really do think that this will be the type of movie people will go see at the last minute with friends due to the hype. It's not something that people are going to think about pre-ordering their tickets for, unless of course you are one of the fans.

Yep, myself being one of them. I haven't read the book but I am wholly considering seeing this on a crowded evening, no need to preorder in my area for something like this.

• Like 1

I feel that the IT situation reminds me more and more of the Batb situation.

You would ask how the hell is that possible..

The similarity comes to the fact that both movies had overwhelming hype and super strong presales but yet there were/are doubts just because we hadn't witnessed such a monstrous performance for such a type of film.

Batb proved all the doubters wrong and I definetely believe that IT will do so too. There is always a first time for everything.

• Like 1

Just now, FantasticBeasts said:

The similarity comes to the fact that both movies had overwhelming hype and super strong presales but yet there were/are doubts just because we hadn't witnessed such a monstrous performance for such a type of film.

Batb proved all the doubters wrong and I definetely believe that IT will do so too. There is always a first time for everything.

Very Well Said:rofl:

2 hours ago, FantasticBeasts said:

The other similarity is I was calling a massive breakout for both films :ph34r:

32 minutes ago, YourMother said:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/reviews/It-378593

The first review is up surprisingly early from THR. John Defore says IT is increasingly scary by the minute and the acting was top notch.

lmao it's funny because more people will be directed to this trailer from this post than they will be to the actual movie

• Like 1
  • Haha 2