Neo

In The Heart Of The Sea | December 11, 2015 | New Trailer on Page 8

October 30, two weeks after St James Place, would seem a bit better. Spectre opens the week after but it's still a much better place than Star Wars. Or maybe December 4 - which would be a more natural place to go than Dec 11. I can't think of a single benefit of 11th over 4th. It would get an extra week in IMAX and get two weeks before Star Wars hits.

The truth is, the marketplace is big enough for plenty of films to survive. Oscar-baits are all released at around the same time and usually they all do fine. Although this really does need to connect to a wider audience, given the likely budget.

I was initially thinking 100M budget... could it be any lower?

• Like 1

October 30, two weeks after St James Place, would seem a bit better. Spectre opens the week after but it's still a much better place than Star Wars. Or maybe December 4 - which would be a more natural place to go than Dec 11. I can't think of a single benefit of 11th over 4th. It would get an extra week in IMAX and get two weeks before Star Wars hits.

The truth is, the marketplace is big enough for plenty of films to survive. Oscar-baits are all released at around the same time and usually they all do fine. Although this really does need to connect to a wider audience, given the likely budget.

I was initially thinking 100M budget... could it be any lower?

They won't go for October 30. Halloween is that Saturday, which will deflate everything (though Sunday would see a big increase).

• Like 1

They won't go for October 30. Halloween is that Saturday, which will deflate everything (though Sunday would see a big increase).

Deeerrp, forgot about Halloween.

How about October 9th, when Jungle Book was supposed to come out?

The week before is Robert Zemeckis' dramatic remake of Man On Wire and the week after is a Spielberg thriller (though I wouldn't be surprised if either of those gets delayed).

• Like 1

The Walk is already done. Received an MPAA rating.

lol, I honestly cannot believe the reaction on here. 

This has looked very well made, it's directed by Ron Howard and has a great cast, if it's moving to December, the 11th no less, it's because it's good as opposed to it being dumped or being GI Joe 2. Did you really compare In the Heart of the Sea to GI Joe 2? That's the joke. You really think they decided to delay it 9 months to add 3D? Does this look like the kind of movie that 3D would help? And to throw it the week before Star Wars 3D? Shit for brains.

Exodus? Exodus looked like a wreck when it was announced. Who really wanted to see a live action Prince of Egypt because that's exactly what it was. Boring as fuck. No surprise it was also crap and relied heavily on special effects and was drowned out against the Hobbit, which it was basically trying to be. But, in any other date, the same would've happened with an even worse total. 

Just quite, perhaps not surprising, but ridiculously inane reactions to this move. 

PS: Both it and SW can easily co-exist, being December. If it is trying for awards, which is the most likely scenario, and is good, which is what the move really seems to be saying, then it will easily deal with the competition. I don't even think the demographic necessarily overlaps so much and be prepared for SW not to light up the world a la Hobbit. That is a possibility too. There is no Hellboy 2 like destruction in store. 

Edited by BK007
  • Like 2

Jesus, that was fucking terrible. What a poorly put together trailer. The other 2 were much better.

I gotta say, I do agree with you on a lot of things, and was fearing the worst when I watched this trailer, but I think WB is 3 for 3 with this. While the first two trailers are both good, I can't really distinguish them. But whatever, this one felt completely different, and may actually be my favourite.

• Like 2